• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK + LN2 + GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is called a GPU pot.

EK is in the game I see! That thing is expensive... what, $250+?

Thanks, I missed that somehow. Nevertheless, from euros to dollars it translates into $333.25. Kind of pricey. IF it's as universal as claimed though, may last into future generations of cards.

Then take 22% off for the VAT as well. ;)

Pots generally last through a couple of generations, yes. Like this one, they can use different brackets assuming not too much has changed. That ability is really nothing new. What IS new a(nother) larger company like EK making them instead of smaller ones like Kinpin cooling or users with access to the proper machinery which is common for this hobby.

These are not 24/7 solutions of course but made for the extreme benchmarking crowd (as you well know).

Looks like EK bought the design from... Name escapes me, but he has been making the SF3D pots for a while

Edit: turns out to be SF3D. Same as if EVGA starts selling pots (which I think they will be soon)

SF3D is his handle. Petri is his name (excerpt from article).

EK-SF3D Critical Point is a product of joint venture between Petri 'SF3D' Korhonen, legendary overclocker and extreme evaporation cooler designer from Finland, and EK design & engineering team.

Back