• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EMI3 glitch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
My EMI3 is stuck at 3% completed...

I open the unitinfo.txt & it says the WU is 44% completed.

Just to be sure I updated EMI to the the latest update, again.

Still 3% @ 44% done. :shrug:

Next step is to delete the EMI files & reinstall & see if that works.

Anyone ever have this happen?
It only started happening in the last 4 or 5 days.

:shrug:

I have had fahmon do that to me ... eventually it corrected itself.

Have not noticed the same prob with em3 although it does give flakey #'s sometimes ... often because of my network problems, me changing oc settings, machines down etc.

Also had problems with qmds ... i downloaded an updated vers not too long ago ... Are you running the latest version?

EMIII does this to me whenever I change the progress bar colors, once I change them back to default it fixes itself.

Huh.... very strange.

Yes, I am running the latest version & yes, I did change the progress bar color. :(

I'll give it a whirl & see if that fixes it.

:attn:

EDIT: Lmao.... what are the default colors for the progress bar?

I don't remember..... :bang head lol

Another thing that will cause EMIII to hang on progress, and what may have happened to you Warrior, is garbage in the Work directory. If you sneakernet a WU and you copy the new work directory over the old work directory, it leaves a bunch of files from the old WUs including the ones EMIII think's it's supposed to be looking at. I edited my sneakernetting instructions to change copy to move so as to avoid this. Look in the log to see what the current wu is and then go to the work directory and delete the files ending with a number not that of the current WU.

ChasR said:
Another thing that will cause EMIII to hang on progress, and what may have happened to you Warrior, is garbage in the Work directory. If you sneakernet a WU and you copy the new work directory over the old work directory, it leaves a bunch of files from the old WUs including the ones EMIII think's it's supposed to be looking at. I edited my sneakernetting instructions to change copy to move so as to avoid this. Look in the log to see what the current wu is and then go to the work directory and delete the files ending with a number not that of the current WU.

When i sneakernet, i just delete the old work directory, and cut and paste the new one in.

em3 has a speed.emd file it leaves in each folding directory it monitors. I have never had to replace it but just deleting the old one i suppose might help sometimes.

speed.emd just reports the speed of the processor to emiii, rather poorly I might add.

Junk will get in the work directory from time to time due to the client failing to properly delete all the completed wu files due to miscommunication with the work server or collection server. Deleting the non current files fixes it. Waiting for the client to recycle the WU numbers also fixes it.

Ive fixed this by deleting the log files in the work directory. Like chase said, it was usually because there were files from other wu's. I think EM gets its info from the logfile_0x in the work directory, and if there are more than one, it gets confused.

Back