• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EMIII not responding HEEEELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davekusa

EMIII quit working for some odd reason. I deleted the program downloaded a new one, reinstalled and same-o same-o.

Had an old version on another computer and same thing.

NOT Responding.

I'm lost.....anyone?

Event Viewer says "application hang"

Got it handled. Some type of wierd mac address conflict was causing the problem.

Whatever you do "PLEASE" don't ever, ever, ever buy D-LINK.

I think the "D" in D-link stands for Disconnect.

If anyone wan't to know what a dlink rounter looks like after it was run over by a truck and cut in 1/2 with a blow torch...........

you may not have long to wait.

It seems home routers of several brands are subject to overheating and dropping connections. I experienced this with a Netgear WGT624 router. Netgear RMA'd it but the new one was no better. It would run fine for a while then drop either/both the wireless or ethernet and have to be reset. I fixed the 2nd unit by attaching (arctic silver thermal adhesive) copper BGA ramsinks to the processors, installing a 60mm fan blowing into the case, and adding some ventilation holes in the case. It now works without a hitch.
One thing I learned from this experience is that Newegg's customer reviews are worthless. I wrote a negative review of this router and it was rejected. In my searching to find out how to fix the problem, I found several others who had their negative reviews of the Netgear router rejected. Newegg pretty much publishes only positive reviews.

Back