• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Enough Power?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jawn

Registered
My question is; will my 850 watt corsair Hx be able to support a Corsair h100 with the components I already have?

My computer is:

Case : Haf X ( 4 x 200mm fans and 140mm)
i7 2600k (stock cooler)
Asus Xonar essence STX soundcard
2x ASUS GTX 560 ti in SLI
16 GB or Corsair ram (Not sure what it is atm cannot check because i dont have it with me)
OCZ Agility 3 120GB
Seagate 500gb sata 2 Harddrive and a WD Black 1TB Harddrive
Some cheap Optical drive.
PSU: Corsair HX850
I cant remeber the motherboard exactly but from what i know its a ASUS P8-Somthing or other V Pro? :D

Anyway I wish to know if I add a H100 with the 2 stock fans that come with it will my 850PSU be able to run this?

If no one can answer how could I find out myself how many watts my pc is already using? If so can I just do this with software?
I'd rather not have to buy any external item.

Thanks!

Jawn.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response :)! #1 forums when i need help ^_^

I'd say it's even less than that, you could probably OC and be fine on a 650W. An 850HX is plenty of power and should last you for the better part of a decade. :)

Thanks Knufire, it's reasuring to know :)! Off topic but no matter if no reply what 120mm fans do you recommend?

Yate Loons for the cheap. Scythe GentleTyphoons are some of the best. I've heard good things about the Cougar Vortex series as well.

My question is; will my 850 watt corsair Hx be able to support a Corsair h100 with the components I already have?

My computer is:

Case : Haf X ( 4 x 200mm fans and 140mm)
i7 2600k (stock cooler)
Asus Xonar essence STX soundcard
2x ASUS GTX 560 ti in SLI
16 GB or Corsair ram (Not sure what it is atm cannot check because i dont have it with me)
OCZ Agility 3 120GB
Seagate 500gb sata 2 Harddrive and a WD Black 1TB Harddrive
Some cheap Optical drive.
PSU: Corsair HX850
I cant remeber the motherboard exactly but from what i know its a ASUS P8-Somthing or other V Pro? :D

Anyway I wish to know if I add a H100 with the 2 stock fans that come with it will my 850PSU be able to run this?

If no one can answer how could I find out myself how many watts my pc is already using? If so can I just do this with software?
I'd rather not have to buy any external item.

Thanks!

Jawn.

great choice, I have it on good authority (bobnova) that it is one of the best PSUs around :bday:

Last edited:
I haven't actually tested any Corsair units :chair:
Now the Antec HCP-850 is glorious!

The HX850 is an excellent unit, I just haven't tested one personally.

Back