• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPOX 8RDA+ Ver. 2.0 is ON SALE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why not just buy the 8rda3+ which officially supports 200mhz fsb? Then you don't run the risk of getting a northbridge that just to get it to 200mhz fsb you have to up the vdd way too much.

mikapc said:
Why not just buy the 8rda3+ which officially supports 200mhz fsb? Then you don't run the risk of getting a northbridge that just to get it to 200mhz fsb you have to up the vdd way too much.
Look at the sticker on tha box: it says the Rev 2.0 carries the ultra version of the nForce2 chipset, meaning it has 200MHz FSB support (and, look! it says so on the sticker, too!)

A friend of mine just got himself a 8RDA3+, and nothing but troubles...

Gr, SuSEQ

glock19owner said:
The only thing that I find it hard to figure out...Epox Techs have posted in open forums about the 8RDA+ rev 2.0 being killed and that Epox was going full steam ahead with the 8RDA3+...

Do a search at AOA and you will see where a few ET's stated that their was going to be no rev 2.0...but man...I hope this is for real...I don't want the 8RGA+...but want the VDD voltage option, tired of bad solder jobs :mad:...I know...I ask too much ;)

Looks like AOA deleted the main thread re: the 2.0. Here's another thread on AOA that didn't get deleted (yet), it has a link to the main thread that was deleted (the link is in the "Bobbyboy UK" posting).

I heard 8rda3+ has a lot of problems too, if you really need SATA, go with Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0

Yeah... where did this 8rda+ rev2 come from??

I'm not willing to get an 8rd3a+ and sacrifice my soundstorm audio!

wtf

it has ram chips on the board?

look just below the MOSFET's

those look like ram chips for the configuration of 8RGA+>?!?!

whats the deal with that!??

we really need to see more of these in real life to confirm its legitimacy

actually... i just did some checking, neither the normal 8rda+, the 8rga+ or the 8rda3+ look like that... so i have no idea what that is about.

it does look like ram chips.... :confused:

Guys... stop doubting, the truth will reveal itself more or less. Just be patient and wait, and you will see if I am lying or what. People in Taiwan (where Epox comes from) are already getting Rev 2.0 3 weeks ago.

those are mosfets, not ram chips, usually like 5 or 6 mosfets. i see 6 on this one. just obscured by the transistors,

The_Jizzler said:
those are mosfets, not ram chips, usually like 5 or 6 mosfets. i see 6 on this one. just obscured by the transistors,
I think he means the small SMDs below them. MOSFETs are transistors and have three large legs. One of those SMDs looks like it has a Realtek logo on it. Onboard NIC?

I thought we were talking about the 4 chips in between that row of 6 capacitors and the row of 3 mofsets & 3 capacitors.

Are we talking about the same thing here?

They don't look like mofsets... and no epox nforce2 board has anything like that from what I can tell.

Demont said:

Are we talking about the same thing here?

They don't look like mofsets... and no epox nforce2 board has anything like that from what I can tell.

On my Rev 1.1 I have 1 of those chips to the right of the 2 rows of capacitors, where those chips are on the rev2.0 I have 3 coils.

The rest of the board looks pretty much identicle to my rev 1.1...

Like so?

EPoX%20EP-8RDA+.jpg

Demont said:

the part we were talking about is the same on that pic as my mobo, but the CMOS battery and a few other bits on the bottom left corner of that pic are totally different to mine, my CMOS battery is close to the FDD connector like that rev2.0 pic.

Back