• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error Using RT7Lite & Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I'm trying to see if I can get SP1 slip streamed into my copy of Windows 7 Ult 64bit my disc is before they released the Win 7 Ult 64bit SP1 discs, I'm just after merging it with the install to save me some time in the future when it comes to updates from Windows Update as I am also doing a fresh install and would like to do this before hand.

I downloaded the SP1 package and used RT7Lite to unpack the ISO I then did 2 copies of the Windows 7 disc files in case 1 should fail I can delete that and make another copy etc. Now I choose to slipstream SP1 into the x64 version of W7 and I leave it it gives me "preparing" and progress goes up slowly I decided to leave it as it was taken a while as I chose to do it all on the 500GB slave drive. But after a while I came back to check and got "Service Pack 1 wasn't integrated properly" message what could be the problem, I am using the latest version of RT7 Lite.

I don't know why RT7 Lite is not working for you but wanted to point out in case you're not aware that you can download an already updated ISO from Digital River.

There is no problem dl'ing an ISO and using it with your valid key.....

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River

I never knew I could do that or talk about that on this forum I thought it was taboo to even link such a thing I'll download that if my SS doesn't work managed to get to to finally do it only time will tell when I test the install in about 30mins time once my stuff has been backed-up

Are cool thanks for that I managed to get my tested slipstream I did myself to work and install problem is I have 640mb from the service pack 1 that wont remove via disk cleanup (pic below)

I dont know if its either there really or just an error by Windows itself can anyone tell me how to get rid of it as it's sat on my SDD, I didn't know if it would actually do the back-up files after a slipstream can it be removed from RT7Lite if so I'll create another disc as I havent reactivated this one yet wanted to test it for stability first.

Attachments

• Cleanup.jpg
    Cleanup.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 3,474
Maybe try manually. Use Administrator DOS:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded

I don' think you can use the conventional methods of removing the SP via Disk Cleanup or the command line post install, but instead have to clean up the backup files directly after the integration (before installing the image) via the DISM tool.

Strangely I managed to delete it hopefully I moved the paging file over to my 500GB and also disabled system restore for both drives, now I re-ran disc cleaner and this time it took about 3 mins to clean up the sp1 files last time it just went quickly.

I'll give it a reboot because I am sure when I ran the cleaner before it removed them but they came back or I'm just loosing it. :confused:

I use Avast 7 Free Edition maybe it could be

Possibly and more likely with some others.

nLite would crash with a .net runtime "file not found exception" error with Kerio, back before I got Windows Vista.
Even when you click "permit" with Kerio, it was too late.

You never want to get a prompt in the middle of updating the Windows installation data.

I also probably would disable Windows Defender.

Back