• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Estimated voltage for fx 8120 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

Hi guys, I recently had to format due to getting a new 7970(replacing sli 570s), I didnt like windows 8, and I was having an AHCI problem..
So anyways, my overclocking profile was reset. I had it at 4.7ghz.
What voltage should i set my 8320 at in order for it to get an easy 4.5ghz?

Theres no real answer, every chip is different. One of my 8320s will do 4.4Ghz @ 1.42vCore but wants 1.55vCore to hit 4.6. My other 8320 wants 1.47v to do 4.4Ghz and will do 4.6 on 1.50.

If you push that out to 4.8Ghz one of them will do it on 1.55v the other wants 1.62v.

Without knowing your motherboard and cooling capacity, I would be reluctant to even make a suggestion.

I would say go ahead and start at 1.5V. You need to run some prime just to quickly check temps and basic stability. You will have to float the vCore options up or down depending on your particular chip.

mines upped 2 steps .050 and running 4.5 fine.. I dont run prime every time I overclock, just run games.. Im not gonna go back to 4.7 and i think 4.5 is a very easily stable clock. prime tested fine at 4.7

Back