• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 780I FTW northBridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilJoker

OK.. im upgrading to the 780 FTW and everything ive read says the NBF blows right on vid cards... Is there any way to stop or help this problem?? Id like to do it b4 i put mobo in my case.. Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks to all that helps. :confused:

My suggestion is don't upgrade to that board. I realize that isn't the worlds most helpful suggestion, but buying a somewhat dubious 775 board to replace a fairly equal 775 board doesn't strike me as the best idea. Personally I recommend saving your money and buying a SB setup at the earliest opportunity.

Beyond that you could flip the fan over so it pulls air through the heatsink and blows it over the CPU. Personally I'd probably leave it as-is, the back of the GPU is going to be hot enough that it may still add cooling to have the NB's waste air being pushed over it.

Um upgrading b/c im thinkin of 3 way SLI and maybe quad.. and 680I really dont like quads. Maybe i should just get a high power fan to push air more.

I understand ya point. But solid caps is alot better and can handle more.. And for $50 for a evga 780I FTW?? Cant say ya wouldnt have got it, if you was me :)

I understand ya point. But solid caps is alot better and can handle more.. And for $50 for a evga 780I FTW?? and it came with 2x2gb of Corsair Dominator CM2X 8600!! Cant say ya wouldnt have got it, if you was me :) But it didnt come with the stock fan.. Does anyone know where i can get one??

Back