• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 8800 GTS 640 for $180 w/MIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought all the 640MB 8800GTS cards were the old core? If that's the case, this isn't really that great of a deal... I'd rather get a 512MB 8800GT with the G92.

Granted, I'm very pleased with my 8800GTS 640MB, but I paid $30 less than the after rebate price here, for a used one, over a month ago. For $209 out of pocket and with the other, lower cost options now available, I wouldn't buy this for $180 even if it was a G92 core.

If you are looking for the G80 / 640MB variety, look here:

http://fxvideocards.com/ZOTAC-GeFor...Express-x16-SLI-ZOTAC-Video-Card-p-16284.html

It was $120, plus about $8 in shipping over the weekend, but is up to $130, plus that $8 or so in shipping. Additional plusses are no MIR and lifetime warranty, if registered within the first 30 days.

That said, the G92 core 8800 GT is a better performing card, but if someone already had one of the 640s and wanted to go SLI, then for $138, you've got it covered. Way less than they used to cost, that's for sure.

O RLY? Zotac is lifetime warranty? While I doubt their CS is as good as eVGA that's a pretty nice thing to know since the cards are all made on the same production line. Maybe my next NV card will be a ZOTAC ! :D It sounds like something cool out of an anime movie too.

Back