• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX 460 2WIN @ Newegg $249.99 after MIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Be aware that this requires an SLI capable motherboard to work properly. Those trying to use it on a non-SLI motherboard seem to invariably have issues.

Or you can pickup a GTX570 overclock it and have a 1 generation newer card with less problems or pickup a AMD 7850 overclock it and have equal performance of that card without the problems for $20-$30 cheaper.

Not a good deal IMO. 2 generation old card that had issues to begin with being sold way over value. You can get a used GTX580 for that price right now.

Theres one for $220 shipped... Zotac GTX580 AMP! edition over on HardForum.....

Not alot pops up here, but other forums have stuff coming up regularly.

Still a good deal for NEW card. Not much diffs between 4xx and 5xx series other than clock speed. The 580 has 1gig ram more which is nice. The 460 with both gpus has more CUDA cores (672 vs 580) and a 512 bit memory bus compared to a 384 bit bus which is still respectable.

I would use its cuda capacity for crunching for 1/2 the price of a new 580. Used is a diff story though.

Will think about it, the sapphire is sold out though. but $50 for slightly better performance and no BF3 doesnt sound worth it

They currently are running a 10% off the $299 price ($269) and you still get the $50 off rebate making it $219.

You got a good deal on that 470, but I guess it depends on your application. I would be crunching SETI on it so more GPUs and CUDA cores the better.

This dual 460 has 672 cores spread over 2 gpus compared to 480 cores on a 570 as well as 2 GB of RAM and a 512 bit memory bus. There has been some discussion on this thread as well as elsewhere about this having very comparable performance to a 580 (it isa SLI 460 on one card). If you just need a vid card for gaming...go get a 580 used if you like as they are still over $500 new or you could get this dual 460 for $220 new.

Yes, when this card came out it was wayyy over priced. Its pricing was comparable to the 580 for similar performance. Now it is more than 1/2 the price of a new 580.

Back