• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA Announces Z Series Gaming Keyboards and X Series Gaming Mice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Blame blaylock... he couldn't do the news that day so I had to publish it later than usual. :) :chair::santa:

I ended up receiving their keyboard to try it out. The software has to be better than Razr's.

I am liking this Keyboard...
:thup:

EVGA Z20 First Impressions

So to start with I am coming from Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 with Yellow Switch's...An excellent feeling keyboard.
Its biggest downside is the Razer software that is used with it. It seems overly bloated. Also the passthru stopped working on my Razer, with the Logitech 700s mouse plugged in , it would lock up my PC, requiring a hard reboot. (Not Good)

The EVGA Z20 on the other hand starts working as soon as you plug it in. (Two USB and a headphone jack) It defaults to the Rainbow RGB LED light scheme no software needed. Has a similar magnetic soft detachable hand rest as the Razr. The Z20's is smaller and is not as comfortable as the Razr's which is as good as it gets. Unfortunately the magnets are in different locations, so I can not use the Razers hand rest with the Z20. :shrug: Mind you the Evga is still comfortable.

It also comes with a Key removal tool and extra WASD keys(The bag in Pic)...I hope this doesn't mean the writing is going to wear off too soon. :-/A couple years on the Razer and no issue with that. EDIT: No writing , if anything wears off it will just make the key brighter. Like cleaning a window off.

To add the Unleash RGB software...

EVGA website/Service Tab/Drivers and Bios/Other Products Tab

Category-Keyboard
Part number-Z20,Z15
Type-Unleash RGB
Show latest Driver...(as of 02-21-21)

02-11-21 Unleash RGB 1.03.1

After installing it , The Z20 asks to be updated to the latest firmware ....

Now we can play around with the RGB...Wife likes the RGB and we stick with the Default rainbow...Keyboard has passed the first and most important test...The wife likes it:)

The first thing I notice when compared to the old Razer is that it wakes the keyboard when you get close to the sensor located middle bottom front. Next ,all the writing on all the keys are lit up and very visible. On the Razer secondary choices on the number keys were not lit and you needed to find them by memory. Also this Z20 is very bright. It can be dimmed thru the software. It also turns off and goes to sleep when unused. So no bright lights if that bothers you. That is also adjustable in the software,

The keyboard has a passthrough for either your mouse or another peripheral. I chose not to use it for now. The keys seem slightly smaller than the Razers, but its no trouble using them ...Optical Mechanical they are called. The same clackity noise and feel of the Razer's. I like them, after a few minutes of typing , I like them more...

I had the WASD lit red on the Razer, this does better. The WASD on the Z20 have raised bumps so you can feel them , so IMHO they are easier to find. This is a gaming keyboard after all.:)

So after an hour I like it a lot, but I need to figure out if I can wake the PC with the TOS (Time of Flight) sensor...It wakes the Keyboard but so far does not turn on the screen, which I had hoped for. It will take me a day or two to figure out what some of the keys are for.

Dave's Pics:

PXL_20210219_180506513.jpg PXL_20210220_120448733.jpg PXL_20210220_120655943.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds positive overall! Nice!

I hope this doesn't mean the writing is going to wear off too soon.
typically those keys are used in gaming and the key caps are different than the originals...not sure if evga did that here or just threw in extra.

Looks like a great keyboard. Is that a volume scroller @The top right? That could be very useful if so.

I like the extra lighting from the WASD keys. Nice touch

Looks like a great keyboard. Is that a volume scroller @the top right? That could be very useful if so.

I like the extra lighting from the WASD keys. Nice touch
Yeah it is quite handy along with the transport keys located right below it for playing and pausing Youtube or whatever media you are watching. It is only as loud as your PC volume. So you can set its limit to prevent accidentally blasting your ears. When I first saw it I thought it was a dimmer switch.

Sounds positive overall! Nice!
typically those keys are used in gaming and the key caps are different than the originals...not sure if evga did that here or just threw in extra.
Your right :thup:

The keys it comes with are gamers and the ones in the bag are plain. Along with the WASD there are E1 thru E5 keys.

Last edited:
Back