• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX 260 SC Core 216 - 187.56 after MS cashback and paypal. YMMY...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lordkosc

There are a couple of hoops to jump through, if you are too lazy to do it, then don't complain...

Paypal is sending out tons of 20% off your order if you use their payment method via EBAY. I got the email, along with just about everyone I've asked. You must get the email for this to work. ALSO... Microsoft is offering 8% cash back on any ebay purchases paid via PayPal using their Live.com search engine.

Make sure your ebay/paypal/live cash back all are associated with the same email account. And that you are logged into all of them.

So here is what I did:
1. I logged into M$ live.
2. I did a search for an XBOX
3. Clicked the link to ebay it provided. Signed into Ebay.
3.5 MS cashback icon appears next to my ID , @ 8%.
4. Then clicked on STORES (3rd tab on the top of ebay site)
5. Then clicked on "See all Anchor Stores".
6. Clicked BUY.com
7. Searched Ebays Buy.com store for EVGA 260 GTX 216 SC
8. Bought the card w/paypal, got the M$ cashback (shows as pending) in an email, and also the 20% PayPal cash back (shows as pending in my paypal acct.).

The card cost $260.49 w/free shipping from BUY.com
Minus off $72.93 doing what I posted above. (20.84 MS + 52.09 PP) cash backs.

Comes out to $187.56 :D for a new EVGA 260 GTX SC 216 Core. :drool:

I think this is as low as I've seen the EVGA version of this card. Also the card is eligible for FarCry2 for free via the EVGA site. Not bad for a little footwork on the web.

Best of luck, there were 23 cards left as of this post.

ebay.com
paypal.com
live.com

Last edited:
I got the email from paypal, guess I should put it to good use! I have had my eye on a p182 ^^

Direct from the email:
"Even bigger holiday savings: 20% cash back when you use PayPal on eBay"

imgINSDhdr_659x146.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------
imgINSDofr_320x132.gif

"Receive 20% cash back on eBay. com purchases (excluding tax and shipping). ("Offer") Offer applies to transactions between December 10, 2008 and December 19, 2008 using PayPal as the payment method. Purchases made within the Offer period must be charged to your account no later than December 19, 2008. The maximum amount of cash back per PayPal account is $100 USD. The cash back will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 31, 2009.

To be eligible for the Offer, you must: (1) have a confirmed U.S. PayPal account in good standing, (2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, and (3) make your purchases no later than December 19, 2008 using your PayPal account, which also has the same email address where you received the Offer invitation.

The following transactions excluded from this Offer include but are not limited to: Send Money transactions, PayPal Mobile transactions, PayPal Plug-In transactions (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, gift certificate payments, gift card purchases, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/ eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account. "

Last edited:
I wonder, can you use the 25-30% MS live cashback + the 20% paypal cashback? THAT WOULD BE INSANE!

Did you cut the soupon code out of the picture? Not that I'm telling you to post it but if it's like all other Paypal/eBay coupons it's sent to numerous people but not everyone, and only those who received the coupon code directly from Paypal or eBay will have it actually applied at final checkout.

Direct from the email:
"Even bigger holiday savings: 20% cash back when you use PayPal on eBay"

imgINSDhdr_659x146.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------
imgINSDofr_320x132.gif

"Receive 20% cash back on eBay. com purchases (excluding tax and shipping). ("Offer") Offer applies to transactions between December 10, 2008 and December 19, 2008 using PayPal as the payment method. Purchases made within the Offer period must be charged to your account no later than December 19, 2008. The maximum amount of cash back per PayPal account is $100 USD. The cash back will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 31, 2009.

To be eligible for the Offer, you must: (1) have a confirmed U.S. PayPal account in good standing, (2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, and (3) make your purchases no later than December 19, 2008 using your PayPal account, which also has the same email address where you received the Offer invitation.

The following transactions excluded from this Offer include but are not limited to: Send Money transactions, PayPal Mobile transactions, PayPal Plug-In transactions (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, gift certificate payments, gift card purchases, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/ eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account. "

No visible coupon code. I believe it simply went by PayPal email address upon purchasing goods. Either that or a cookie via the "Shop Now" link.

Only thing I didn't post was the text to the left of the "cookie":

"Hello Chris Johnson,
Shop and save big on eBay! From the hottest toys
to that hard-to-find collectable, eBay has everything
you're looking for this holiday season.
Pay for your eBay purchase with PayPal, and get
20% cash back in your PayPal account."

Aaah it's not a discount coupon code but one of their 'cash back later' deals. It makes sense that they have no code for that then, you're right it's probably just linked to the Paypal email.

Seems to work. I jumped through all the hoops and it seems ready to give me the money...

...too bad I don't actually have the cash for the card. :D

No 20% offer from Paypal despite the fact that I've done thousands of dollars in transactions on the last 6 months :rolleyes: Maybe I'll email them and say 'GIMME DISCOUNTZ'

My card came today, so did anyone else get in on this deal? :D

We are ALL broke.

I actually just got $48 worth of groceries (beating my monthly average of SIX dollars for groceries.)

No $187 video card for me! :(

We are ALL broke.

I actually just got $48 worth of groceries (beating my monthly average of SIX dollars for groceries.)

No $187 video card for me! :(

+1 to bad my grocery bill normally runs about 150-200 every 2-3+ weeks...

Back