• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX 650 TI boost high temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pigpottomus

Hey all, just wanted to know if my brother have a defective graphics card or not, The card is a: EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P4-3656-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
from Newegg. When running benchmarks or playing games, like EVGA OC Scanner X for example, temps go crazy up quick, even with a custom fan curve. Im currently running EVGA OC Scanner X and the highest ive seen it now is about 62c, for him, he sees it up to around 68c, its because my room is in the basement, and his is upstairs, which is warmer than down here. On his computer its super hot, and on mine, its cooler, like i said, since my room is in the basement and his is upstairs. My computer also has better cooling than his. Im currently running driver: 331.93 and hes on one of the 314.xx one. Is it normal for the card to go up that high??? It seems weird to me because even when gaming my MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III with BF4, it only reaches around 51c.... Yes the Twin Frozr III is better than the EVGA cooling, but should it really go up that high? He also says it gives him BSOD when it gets to 68c. Thanks.

68C is fine; Kepler cores are set to throttle back (from the boost speed) at 70C and above. With 100% load my GTX 670s will hit 70C; I have a 2GB GTX 650 Ti BOOST but I haven't looked to see the temps it gets up while gaming.

BSODs shouldn't be happening; is it overclocked at all past factory?

Nope, everything is stock clocks. I dont know, could be his CPU? just bought it 2 days after blackfriday this year. could be a faulty one thats causing the BSOD's

AsRock 970 extreme 4
Amd fx8320 stock clock with nzxt respire t40
GSkill rip jaws 4gb ddr3 1333mhz
Evga gtx 650ti boost sc 1gb
Evga 500b
Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm
Thermaltake commander snow
He clocked down everything to stock clocks..

What is the BSOD code? Find that out and look it up. See what the code is saying.

That driver is pretty old too. Try another.

Back