• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Step-Up: What in the World's Going on Here?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yup, i hope they'll fix you problem and pay for you to ship those 2 cards back ot them.... keep us posted on your situation.

that meny bad mistakes i wouldent be to nice to them they better send you 2 7900gtx's or 7950's atleast for all the troubles and sending out a card with a messed up cap. and maeking 6200's at 7900's

but those gotta be the worlds most expensive 6200's ever. how much did one of those coust?

when all this is done you should send your story to maxum pc and let the world know of this problem i consider to be major. anyone who knows anything about graphic cards can tell those are 6600's and not 7900gt's and that is all checked before leveing.

Only udate so far is this email I got late Friday evening:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the pictures. I will look into this for you. I am not currently in the office, but I contact you on Monday.

thank you,

-Alex
EVGA Customer Service

Guess we'll see. If I don't hear back anything today, I'll make a post over on EVGA's forums. I'm the type of person who subscribes to the "you catch more flies with honey" philosophy, though, so unless something goes really wrong with fixing this or it starts getting dragged out, I won't chew anybody out or anything. I know being in customer service can really be a pain in the butt. Mistakes happen ... I just expect them to be fixed. Timely.

And if they dont want those 6200's back, I would be glad to take one off you. When my 7800GTX died, it left me with no pci-e card to use so I cant even use my Windows box at all. I have a few old agp cards and no old regluar pci's. I would settle for anyhting right now. I really hope they take care of you on this matter. I ordered a 7300GT because of Evga's supposed great service when I usually buy BFG. If not I am going back as I never had any issues with a bfg card unless as was the case with my 7800 it was my own stupid fault. Anyhow, if they dont want them back let me know I'll buy one or something. I need a card bad and am totally BROKE! Let us know how it goes one way or the other. I would also deffinitly post it on their forums. That tends to get their attention right away. They hate people ranting off about poor service on their own forums and tend to react to those customers first and with better results to prove their service is great. Make sure to show a link to the thread here in your post on their forum as well or any other forums you may post on to let them know others are watching.. Motivate them a little.

Wow. The worst part about it is that the cards are labeled as ¨7900gt¨ on the back. Maybe the card was mislabeled at the factory, and they guy packing them didn't know how a 7900 looks like, so he just looked at the sticker on the back to make sure...

dan

Or a very disgruntled employee who would like to make evga look bad because he didnt get his customary $.10 raise this year or his $15 yearly bonus he was looking forward to to put his dog through training school.

Back