• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*EXTRA!* GHOSSSST BUSTERS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know on the Wii you can get controller plastic add-ons like a tennis racket, golf club etc wouldn't it be cool if they designed a Proton gun shape to fit around your remote and you aimed and catch ghosts lol.

Then some serious fans would get there moth eating Ghostbusters suit out the closet from 1984 (Reminds to put his in the wash and stitch up them holes) and start thinking there a ghostbuster with Ray Parker Jr. theme song starting before mission 1 begins.

My mind is starting to unravel

And WOW fudge I had that on my Commodore 64

Me too. Also, forget dragging out moth eaten 1980s Ghostbuster outfits. I saw them for sale THIS YEAR at Halloween.

Jesus! An anniversary thread revival!

I told you my posts had staying power! :p

Too bad the game didn't. Now that another company has bought it they say it will be out in June of 09 but I seriously doubt that from what I saw was done when it was cancelled 3 months or so ago. This may be the next Gran Turismo 5 or Duke Nukem:Forever, release date: 20??

Too bad the game didn't. Now that another company has bought it they say it will be out in June of 09 but I seriously doubt that from what I saw was done when it was cancelled 3 months or so ago. This may be the next Gran Turismo 5 or Duke Nukem:Forever, release date: 20??

GT5 is ready now... as is Killzone 2 (my best friend has been playing the beta of Killzone 2 RELENTLESSLY for months now.) In case you missed the news earlier this year, Sony just decided to pace themselves. These delays are intentional.

That made Resistance 2 the big release for this year (it's straight-up AWESOME if you haven't played it yet), Killzone 2 is going to be their big after-Christmas release, and GT5 will be their big summer or winter 09 release... depending on how close GOW3 is to being done.

I was in the beta for R2 (between my best friend and I... we've been in a lot of damned betas) and THAT was completely polished long before the game ever came out.

GT5 is ready now... as is Killzone 2 (my best friend has been playing the beta of Killzone 2 RELENTLESSLY for months now.) In case you missed the news earlier this year, Sony just decided to pace themselves. These delays are intentional.

That made Resistance 2 the big release for this year (it's straight-up AWESOME if you haven't played it yet), Killzone 2 is going to be their big after-Christmas release, and GT5 will be their big summer or winter 09 release... depending on how close GOW3 is to being done.

I was in the beta for R2 (between my best friend and I... we've been in a lot of damned betas) and THAT was completely polished long before the game ever came out.

Oh! How laughable my naive friend! GT5 ready now........

Let's see here, do I sell systems and make money NOW or do I wait a year until we drop system prices and sit on a gold mine until the end of 2K9? Simply put, if it were ready it wouldn't have a TENTATIVE release date of Holiday 2009.

Oh! How laughable my naive friend! GT5 ready now........

Let's see here, do I sell systems and make money NOW or do I wait a year until we drop system prices and sit on a gold mine until the end of 2K9? Simply put, if it were ready it wouldn't have a TENTATIVE release date of Holiday 2009.

I just SAID it was probably coming out around Holiday 09. And why would they put it out now when they JUST sold a million and a half copies of the GT5 "demo disc" as you called Prologue?

And they're still working on updates and improvements for that (I just saw a bunch of new cars or something for it a couple of weeks back on PSN.)

Nono... If anything they'd wait until Forza 3 or something came out. Sony only needs ONE THING to sell PS3s right now:

The Dark Knight.

I just SAID it was probably coming out around Holiday 09. And why would they put it out now when they JUST sold a million and a half copies of the GT5 "demo disc" as you called Prologue?

And they're still working on updates and improvements for that (I just saw a bunch of new cars or something for it a couple of weeks back on PSN.)

Nono... If anything they'd wait until Forza 3 or something came out. Sony only needs ONE THING to sell PS3s right now:

The Dark Knight.

Even though I'm getting it on Blu-Ray, I doubt that it will be a system seller because it is not Blu-Ray exclusive. People will buy it on standard-def DVD.

In fact, I'm predicting that Blu-Ray has a short lifespan, not because of anything Sony has done but because everything is unfortunately moving to digital content. I don't think there is anything killing DVD for the time being but do NOT be surprised to see Blu-Ray die within 7 years. With things like the Netflix and Blockbuster set-top boxes, downloading from LIVE etc...... the physical format is going to go the way of the dinosaur which saddens and troubles me GREATLY because when that happens we will no longer OWN a movie and cannot watch it 100x like I have with Chasing Amy. It will be PAY PER PLAY which means my copy of Chasing Amy goes from being $15 or $0.15 per viewing to $500 or $5 per viewing (at least). :cry::(:bang head:cry:

Even though I'm getting it on Blu-Ray, I doubt that it will be a system seller because it is not Blu-Ray exclusive. People will buy it on standard-def DVD.

In fact, I'm predicting that Blu-Ray has a short lifespan, not because of anything Sony has done but because everything is unfortunately moving to digital content. I don't think there is anything killing DVD for the time being but do NOT be surprised to see Blu-Ray die within 7 years.

You're DREAMIN... I was thinking more like three or four years. Technology is moving too fast... But it won't be for the reasons you're thinking...

With things like the Netflix and Blockbuster set-top boxes, downloading from LIVE etc...... the physical format is going to go the way of the dinosaur which saddens and troubles me GREATLY because when that happens we will no longer OWN a movie and cannot watch it 100x like I have with Chasing Amy. It will be PAY PER PLAY which means my copy of Chasing Amy goes from being $15 or $0.15 per viewing to $500 or $5 per viewing (at least). :cry::(:bang head:cry:

Pay per play won't work for the masses... For the same reason it has NEVER worked. Paying for each viewing is nothing new. They've been doing that since the early eighties. Just because it's "digital" now doesn't mean they are going to succeed in 1. Replacing physical media 2. Making people pay for EVERYTHING.

They've had new movies on PPV for YEAAAAAARS now, but they haven't made anybody... or even a large minority of people buy their movies that way exclusively.

And what the hell do you imagine would happen if they tried? EVERY site would be a pirate site. Google would turn rogue and yahoo would be right behind them. They would have to fine, sue, and arrest every human being on the planet.

You're confusing what they want... versus what they can GET.

Back