• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eyefinity setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aoj

Registered
So what I had planned to just be a CPU GPU upgrade has turned into basically a whole new build (got bit by the bug).
Currently using:
CPU: AMD 720BE @3.4
RAM: 4GB mushkin DDR3
MB: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
PSU: 550w BFG
GPU: EVGA GTX260
Display: 24" Dell LCD ST2410b

Anyway I plan on upgrading the CPU to a 955-970BE and getting 2 6950 to run in CF.

I'd like to go the eyefinity route as I've always wanted that setup and I now have the funds to do so. Mind you I'm still doing this on a budget.

I'm looking at getting at least 2 of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236102 and pairing them with my ST2410b specs for dell or should I get 3 and just put my current LCD with my old build.

Hi there. I actually just wrote about an eyefinity experience today if you care to check that article out. It's definitely a fun setup!

To run everything on super high detail with full MSAA you'll need three GPUs, but if you can sacrifice a little MSAA and/or detail, you should be fine with two 6950's. You'll definitely need a bit more PSU to go with your upgraded GPUs. I'd recommend at least 650W at a minimum, but it never hurts to get bigger.

If your board can run it, the 970BE is a strong AMD quad. I'm not sure about bottlenecking in Eyefinity situations, but with that kind of resolution, any bottleneck should be with your GPU power. Just make sure your board is listed as compatible with the 970 before making the leap, otherwise you might want to stick with a 955 or 965.

As far as monitors, I ran a HaansG 23" in the center and two Acer 21.5" on the side and could barely tell the difference, so adding those two to the side should be fine. You can always purchase a third down the road if you take issue with it. :)

bezel correction

I just noticed that I have 1 system with one of those Asus with 2 22" on the sides...I like that monitor , should work well with your other one

IMG_1790-1.jpg

Back