• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED EZ Flashed my mobo. No mo' PC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
are you not even getting to post?

Basically, yeah.

I think he ordered a pre-flashed bios chip in another thread. RGone...

Yup, 15$.

I would try recovery with flash drive or cd/dvd. Just copy bios file in the right format ( it's M5A97.rom or amiboot.rom ) to flash drive/cd/dvd and turn on pc. If board start to read from drive ( you should see blinking leds ) then leave it for couple of minutes. It should restart automaticaly when it's done.
Sometimes it's working, sometimes not but it's always good to try.

Yeah, I tried... it probably would work if only there was just anything that showed software activity... but there's nothing... and, afaik, usb, sata, w/e are useless unless you can acess the bios...

Not really , it doesn't have to pass post or anything. During process screen is black like when board is dead and only leds from optical drive or flash drive are working. You can only use USB integrated in chipset and SATA should work too.
That of course depends from BIOS version as some have disabled recovery ( like most ASRock boards ). On ASUS it was always working for me but I never tried that on newer AMD chipsets.

My sanity just came in the mailbox. Here's my chip. Basically, remove the old one, put this one in place, and magically, I am sane again? The quickest the reply, the best it would be :)

Back