• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
It's now time for spotlight #2!

This is the 2nd in the new series of T32 Spotlights! I'll continue to interview members when given a chance the the interviews will appear in a spotlight every now and then as long as the nominations keep coming in! For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Now what or who would make a good interview? When you look at the stats.... who do you see that you really REALLY want to emulate?

That's right! This day I bring you the one, the only.... the Lord of the Borgs......... He who makes even Voldemort shudder in his panties........ The Destroyer of worlds......... "I Pity da fool who don't fold like me"........... and the founder of the Pwn-Daddy Academy of Folding............. The master himself......... And an all around great mod............

Nikhsub1

To keep the theme the same as last time... I'll be in white, Nik in Red

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date (i dont' think anyone does! LOL).

I joined the team before I actually joined the forums, around March of 2001

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?

Uhh, don't know. I am a good person, yeah that's it!

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?

My EOC Stats

So where do you call home?

I live in Los Angeles, home of the freaks.

How did you initially hear about F@H?

I heard about FAH as a good way to test for stability, I started out with one 800Mhz AMD, at the time, a fast CPU LOL. I only ran the screensaver though.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?

This is where it gets personal. My daughter was born in May of 2001. 4 days after birth, I got a call from her doctor saying she failed one of the newborn screening tests, the PKU test. I immediately went to google and say this could be a nightmare! If left untreated, by the time she is one should could be mentally retarded. Thankfully, she has what is known as Mild Hyperphenylalanemia, a very very mild form of PKU which requires no intervention or special diet. She is happy and healthy! Anyway, this is the reason I fold.

What do you do for a living?

I own an IT support company with Wedo, we administer corporate networks. We mostly have clients in the healthcare industry which makes things challenging as there are specific rules and regulations which are very strict in terms of security and patient privacy (HIPAA).

What do you do for fun?

Skydiving, base jumping, aircraft flying, mountain climbing, triathalons, yoga, ballet, pilates, speed walking, running in 26 marathons a year, and training to be on the Formula 1 circuit

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?

What I do for fun keeps me pretty busy as it is man!

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?

Stats of the 'Beast II' - She will do about 4600 PPW all from a single CPU, a P4 660 clocked at 4530Mhz. This is my main workhorse, where I do all my work (some web and graphic etc) so it needs to be fast and stable.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)

Yes you can see it HERE
I built that about 2.5 years ago... 5 XP 2400's, 256 MB of ram each etc. It was a fun project and is still chugging away today!
**side note, Nikhsub1 has over 100 computers at last count that I know of folding for him elsewhere and that is where the majority of his PPD comes from**

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?

Get rich or die tryin! Heh.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?

Well, I am the ultimate Pwn Master. No one can stop me, topple me, or rock me. I borg like a camel on crank. My PPD is bigger than yours, and I intend to keep it that way. For I have something really worth folding for, my daughter Stella who is my heart and soul. I would stand in front of a train for her.

And now for some photograph goodness:
Family Photo

New Rig in progress, "Beast III"

Last edited:
another great interview from one of the GREATEST member (and most powahfold)!! :)

p.s.
Well, I am the ultimate Pwn Master. No one can stop me, topple me, or rock me. I borg like a camel on crank. My PPD is bigger than yours, and I intend to keep it that way. For I have something really worth folding for, my daughter Stella who is my heart and soul. I would stand in front of a train for her.
I WILL try my best to dethrone you one day Nik!! :cool:

best wish to your daughter too!!

thanks for sharing pwndaddy nik (i am sure i didn't get that right!) :cool:

It is good to know a bit more about our fellow team members ... keeps the community strong!

Keep up the good work THF :beer:

hey... don't hafta thank me. I enjoy doin' this. You should keep most of hte thanks to the people I interview for putting up with me! LOL

TollhouseFrank said:
hey... don't hafta thank me. I enjoy doin' this. You should keep most of hte thanks to the people I interview for putting up with me! LOL

After all this time together, I'm sure they've gotten used to you. Somehow. ;)

I see the smack daddy finally gets his spotlight ....like he needed it. :p

These are always a great read. Come on THF, give us another.

Last edited:
Back