• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fairly new Raptor making noises

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
My 36gb raptor iv had for like a lil over a month now, and recently the last few days i noticed small sqeaking noise in my pc i thought it was a fan so i unplugged them all and found it was my HDD.

Its not a constant noise it sounds like bee bee beep bee bee bee beep. Its like sqeaky springs on a car going over bumps on the roads. Iv had HDD's die before but they made loud sqeeling noises and make urs ears ring after awhile or have them just click on an off all the time.

This HDD is running perfectly fine no clicking on and off no Sqeeling, i ran sandra's speed test its still getting the same score as i got during day one. Its just a small Sqeaky noise that sounds like a car going over a bunch of bumps on the road. Im starting to wrry about this cuss i sure as hel lcant afford another $110 HDD. I can barely hear the noise you have to strain ur ear almost to hear it but its thier, and when i type on the forum or something it bugs me.

Actually i started noticing this noise right after i installed HL2

Last edited:
Back