• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fake 750ti's from ebay???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Check for CUDA cores (Shaders in GPU-Z), 750ti is supposed to have 640, knock-offs usually have much lower, even with modded BIOS it SHOULD read it correctly.

I think it's brilliant how they explain the hardware these days (i know how it sounds but you know what i mean), very easy to fool people if they don't know exactly what they want/need :

View attachment 205328

I linked the 750Ti specs from TPU earlier in the thread for his reference. :)

Above is simply a fraudulent listing. You can't have a 750Ti with a GTS450 chip. That should be reported immediately.

The one that Trickson bought from doesn't say GTS 450. ;)

Had to go back to dig up he's link, you're totally right :D Rooting for him that it's a 750ti, but that shroud...

Are both cards like that?

Earlier you said...
It is a 750ti though For now. I read it all and it all matched up.
...and....
Okay I did install the card it said it was a 750ti not only that but so did gpu-z

Now... at least one is fake. What were you looking at earlier which made you insist it was real???

I would return those to the sender immediately and report them as fraud/scam.

Mr. Scott gets the cookie for this thread!

EDIT:
Looking at this The serial/production number layout looks correct

gpu.jpg

source: https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-nvidia-geforce-gtx-750-ti-good-last-watt-updated

The devices on the die are also lcoated correctly. I don't see a reason to doubt they are wha tthey claim.
Hey Neuro! Hope you are well!!!

I wonder if that is an ES... the article was actually talking about the first Maxwell and was originally published in February 2014, 4 months before they were released. That chip in your link may just be an ES sample which is why it looks different than production ones...?

Last edited:
Are both cards like that?

Earlier you said...
...and....

Now... at least one is fake. What were you looking at earlier which made you insist it was real???

I would return those to the sender immediately and report them as fraud/scam.

Mr. Scott gets the cookie for this thread!

Yeah they are BOTH fakes! Crap I really did not know this I just needed 2 cards for 2 other computers I have.
They are still good right? I mean they do work and all. What should I do?
Really at a loos here I have never had this happen to me before. so what do I do? Keep them or return them?

This is the place I got them from.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113613346768

I reported them as fake. I asked for a full return.
I just do not want fake CRAP! I sent a copy of GPU-Z that I posted here to them as definitive PROOF of a FAKE!

Last edited:
Huh... I wonder why you said one was legit earlier...that tylenol getting to your head. :screwy: :snipe: :p

Anyway, Not at a loss here! As was said a few times in the thread already, return them to the seller telling him they are fake. Report the seller as selling fakes to ebay.

Last edited:
Wow!! Even has "FAKE" in all capitals!!:clap:
Uh, Mr.Scott is away, I can take the cookie and......I'll bring it to him:)

ED, perhaps seller doesnt even know they're fake:shrug: maybe picked them up somewhere cheap and just reselling without giving second thought! After all, trickson thought they were legit as well.

Huh... I wonder why you said one was legit earlier...that tylenol getting to your head. :screwy: :snipe:

Anyway, Not at a loss here! As was said a few times in the thread already, return them to the seller telling him they are fake. Report the seller as selling fakes to ebay.

Thing is all I seen last time was a quick view of GPU-Z that time I was doing things way fast as well I just had surgery and I was using my MAIN system and didn't want to "Mess" it up.
I put them on the office computer and was able to install drivers and uninstall all the old drivers and then ran GPU-Z that is when I noticed the (FAKE) 750ti and that caution icon.

Sorry for the confusion.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Wow!! Even has "FAKE" in all capitals!!:clap:
Uh, Mr.Scott is away, I can take the cookie and......I'll bring it to him:)

ED, perhaps seller doesnt even know they're fake:shrug: maybe picked them up somewhere cheap and just reselling without giving second thought! After all, trickson thought they were legit as well.

I agree I am not like you guys ZARS of computers I am lucky to be a Novice and I use that term loosely as well.

Maybe, maybe not.. regardless, I would still return them and report the seller. Its a new ID... could be a scammer under another ID too...

Respectfully, Trickson thinking they were legit is not a good barometer of judgement. It is obvious from that GPUz screenshot the cards were fake. It doesn't take a 'czar of computers' to see that huge caution sign and the words FAKE right up top (which is why he did it that way)...he even said he looked up specs saying those were legit. Clearly not a big deal, but confusing to say the least...

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe not.. regardless, I would still return them and report the seller. Its a new ID... could be a scammer under another ID too...

Respectfully, Trickson thinking they were legit is not a good barometer of judgement. I mean how obvious was it from that GPUz screenshot the cards were fake and it was 'missed'?

Crap NOW I am not sure I even ran GPU-Z I think I did but hard to say now. I could have missed the caution and the fake but how? I remember looking quick and seeing that it all looked legit but it really could have been the pain and the pills. I know now that I took the cards and installed them and ran GPU-Z NOW and that is the result.
I am okay now not as much pain and less pills today. still sore though ..

So aside from what I said earlier the cards do not appear to be true 750Ti cards they are in fact according to GPU-Z FAKES. This sucks.

Pro tips for the future :

-> If it looks too good to be true it's probably a scam
-> Search around before you buy, usually if you see too many slightly altered posts of the same thing it's probably a scam
-> If it looks cheap (shroud in particular) it's probably a Chinese knock-off, check where they come from - my old Strix 980ti for example came from Germany but i've seen knock-offs from China
-> All major brands have their name on the shrouds or in the backplate/sideplate (this might not be 100% but it's close enough)

Pro tips for the future :

-> If it looks too good to be true it's probably a scam
-> Search around before you buy, usually if you see too many slightly altered posts of the same thing it's probably a scam
-> If it looks cheap (shroud in particular) it's probably a Chinese knock-off, check where they come from - my old Strix 980ti for example came from Germany but i've seen knock-offs from China
-> All major brands have their name on the shrouds or in the backplate/sideplate (this might not be 100% but it's close enough)
-> Ask your friendly neighborhood forum BEFORE you buy.
Added.... :)

Thanks for the tips.
I am going to be a lot more careful.
One thing is for sure next time a seller is from China I am NOT going to buy. Time for a full on boycott of the Goods that are coming from CHINA without verification.
Thing I guess that makes me angry the most , I failed to come to you all first! I am such a FING CLOWN! I WAS USED! LIKE A KLEENEX!

But thanks to GPU-Z and this site I am going to be so careful from here on out.

Hope I get a full return at $150 bucks I can then ask you all what I should be getting for my 2 other computers! ONCE this is sorted.
I feel all wound up and stitched up (No pun intended!).

Wow, this was an adventure for sure.

Sadly, I just relisted my 2x HD7970's on eBay so it'll be a little over a week before I can list them here (assuming of course they don't sell in the mean time). If you're still interested then I'll list them here in the classifieds and we can get you set-up with some [REAL] cards for your systems.

It sucks that you got scammed but at least you figured it out before it was too late, and you learned a lesson to boot. There's always a silver lining.

Wow, this was an adventure for sure.

Sadly, I just relisted my 2x HD7970's on eBay so it'll be a little over a week before I can list them here (assuming of course they don't sell in the mean time). If you're still interested then I'll list them here in the classifieds and we can get you set-up with some [REAL] cards for your systems.

It sucks that you got scammed but at least you figured it out before it was too late, and you learned a lesson to boot. There's always a silver lining.

Crap I forgot about that! Okay I will look on ebay for your cards too.

Yep sure does suck but I learned a lesson and that is to NOT buy from folks you don't know! ( I didn't want to say China).

I looked for them on ebay I was going to buy now if they were 150 or a tad more bucks lol. I can not afford 300+ bucks for cards right now.
But if they were the ones I was seeing then yeah they are soooooooo worth it!
I was able to get 2x HD6790's for 50 bucks all so cool some guy in cali too not china! so yeah they are so legit and work so killer in the FX8300 system.

Last edited:
It is against forum rules for me to link the ebay page (and to sell outside of the classifieds) but if you PM me the link you're looking at, I can confirm if it's the right one. Otherwise, I'll list them here In the classies) once the sale runs it's course.

I just had my cancer surgery too so please I may not get it in till this weekend my arm is killing me.

I had both my arms cut up like that for Lymphoma back in 2012/2013. Then I had some radiation treatments, followed by 1-1/2 years of infusions. All good now though, I just see my Oncologist once every six months for bloodwork.

Back