• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan and Fan Hub Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arno911

i need to buy 3 extra fans have a corsair 100R case
2x 120mm top
2x 140/120 mm front
1x 120mm rear

also need a fan hub which controls them so they don't always run at full load
max temps of gpu (1050ti) and cpu (1300X @3.9GHz) got to 76C and 69C when at full load
the fan hub i am looking to buy is Kingwin FPX-007

the fans i am thinking to buy is CORSAIR SP120

do i even need to buy fans in the first place?

do i even need to buy fans in the first place?
You probably don't need that many fans. What fans do you have in there now and how are they setup?

Sadly, Corsair only includes a single 120mm fan with that case from the factory - I guess to cut costs. That's disappointing. Is that all that is in there now?

The installation guide says it will support a 120mm or 140mm fan in front. If me, I would get a decent 140mm fan. Bigger fans typically move more air but at a slower RPM, thus with less noise. Have it pulling cool air in from the outside. You may find adding just that one extra fan will be enough.

BTW, while 69°C is pretty warm, as seen here, 69° (especially since that is at full load) it is not "hot" as the maximum allowed temp is 95°C.

As far as the fan controller, it looks fancy but is not needed. Your motherboard will likely support the added front panel fan.

You probably don't need that many fans. What fans do you have in there now and how are they setup?

Sadly, Corsair only includes a single 120mm fan with that case from the factory - I guess to cut costs. That's disappointing. Is that all that is in there now?

The installation guide says it will support a 120mm or 140mm fan in front. If me, I would get a decent 140mm fan. Bigger fans typically move more air but at a slower RPM, thus with less noise. Have it pulling cool air in from the outside. You may find adding just that one extra fan will be enough.

Factory fan for intake and this for exhaust (connected to a molex connector)
my mobo is asus prime b450m-k it supports just one fan other than cpu

BTW, while 69°C is pretty warm, as seen here, 69° (especially since that is at full load) it is not "hot" as the maximum allowed temp is 95°C.

As far as the fan controller, it looks fancy but is not needed. Your motherboard will likely support the added front panel fan.
it is winter here and environment temps are pretty low, i want to upgrade (if needed) when it is time not when the time has already come

you wont get any rpm loss using a Y splitter. thats the most cost effective route to take by far.
those sp120s look to be solid price to performance. not a bad choice from what ive read about them. the kingwin fpx-007 looks like a sweet controller. altho i would go with a more simple fan hub like the alphacool splitty9 or swiftech 8 fan controller. thats my taste tho, i like to keep the 5.25s unused. if you like how the 007 looks and costs i say go for it! thats a clean, sleek case btw, nice choice!

you wont get any rpm loss using a Y splitter. thats the most cost effective route to take by far.
those sp120s look to be solid price to performance. not a bad choice from what ive read about them. the kingwin fpx-007 looks like a sweet controller. altho i would go with a more simple fan hub like the alphacool splitty9 or swiftech 8 fan controller. thats my taste tho, i like to keep the 5.25s unused. if you like how the 007 looks and costs i say go for it! thats a clean, sleek case btw, nice choice!

i actually want something like swiftech 8 fan controller it is completely something which satisfies my need but importing it from us to india is huge it costs as much as the price thanks for letting me know what i actually need

Back