• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controller - Next best thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Redslumber

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to purchase one of the Lamptron FC4 fan controllers for my fairly new rig but can't seem to find one in a local store (NCIX or Memory Express). I'd rather not go the online buying route and have to pay for shipping and other trivial fees to canada.

What fan controller, if any, are you using and are there any better known equivalents to the FC4 in terms of price, style, and functionality?

Thanks,

-redslumber

http://www.amazon.com/Lamptron-Speed-Controller-channel-Black/dp/B002R8IZAA

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811997023&Tpk=lamptron fc4

FANLMFC4_m.jpg

I'll keep checking back to this thread. I have 12 Deltas I need to be able to control, and being able to do it with multiple 5.25" bay fan controllers would be awesome. As for what fan controller I am using currently, see below:
DSCN0485.jpg

Brand, you ask? Premium Bobnova from OCF's Fan Controller. :D

Does anyone know if you have to buy specific bay fan controllers for PWM fans? For instance, do they make PWM 5.25" bay fan controllers? Or are they all regular 3-pin fan controllers?

I have an older one I think and too lazy to look. Not an old controller, a 5 series for sure.

They are fine. I have 3 fans on two channels (6 fans two knobs) for my radiators. And the others for other lesser fans. Scythe GT AP 15, I run at no more than 1200 RPM.

Works fine. Dunno about the F5V2, 20W per channel or the F6. The web page tells little. Our front page upper left hand corner (Home), we have reviewed some of their products you gotta find the reviews tho.

I'm using 4 Enermax TB Silence. 2 on the radiator and 2 on top, plus 2 stock fans with the bitfenix shinobi case.

The two on top are the ones causing the most noise.

I see quite a few fan controllers on ncix.
The one I have is an older sunbeamtech rheobus controller.

I'll keep checking back to this thread. I have 12 Deltas I need to be able to control, and being able to do it with multiple 5.25" bay fan controllers would be awesome. As for what fan controller I am using currently, see below:
DSCN0485.jpg

Brand, you ask? Premium Bobnova from OCF's Fan Controller. :D

Does anyone know if you have to buy specific bay fan controllers for PWM fans? For instance, do they make PWM 5.25" bay fan controllers? Or are they all regular 3-pin fan controllers?

LOL... I <3 that BNova franken-creation... I wish mine hadn't come DOA when he sent me the alpha version... Oh well; I'll buy the Rev.2 version whenever it comes out. :D

As for PWM fan controllers... There isn't a single PWM controller out today, at least not PWM in the sense that you mean. You want to be able to conrol PWM fans via PWM signal from a bay style controller... Not one exists that does that. There is the Sunbeam Rheosmart, but that one takes the CPU FAN header PWM signal and uses it to regulate voltage on its six channels. Not the same thing.

I remember I posted a question/request to Lamptron over at our vendor section and it didn't get shut down immediately; in fact, Spawne32 (Lamptron Vendor Rep) said he would send the request over to the engineering team to see if it would be something they could bring into production. That reminds me; I need to go reply to that thread and bring it back from the dead to see if these guys have even looked into it or not. :D

I gotta order those boards, been super ultra busy lately :(

Anyway, if all you want are knobs you could totally make a rack of Bing controllers and use one of your 5.25" bay covers for the mounting.

Back