• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controller on/off LED switch options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Looking for a fan controller that has a on/off switch for LED fans...1 5.25 bay, with a nice LCD...

I know bitfenix has the hydra pro which is ugly as can be and doesn't have rpm/temps or LCD.

I do have the Spectre Pro fans with independent LED and function cables.

Are there any other options?

Thanks.

Last edited:
From the BitFenix Web site....

"The 2 pin cable has an attached cable loop. This cable is to turn on/off your LED's at your convenience. Do not plug it into a power source as there will be an electrical short and will burn your fan and cables. You can also attach this loop to our Hydra Pro fan controller for on-the-fly LED on/off."

Given that description, I'd say the LED wire should not be connected to a fan controller. The Hydra Pro fan controller they mention has built in on/off switches that control the LEDs. Controlling fan speeds and being able to turn the LEDs on or off will be two separate functions. Controlling the LEDs will be a simple on/off switch, while fan speed control has more to do with raising and lowering the power fed to the fans.

This is helpful, thanks for the info...the hydra pro is seriously outdated and looks terrible though...

What fan controllers have an on/off switch for LED fans that you guys recommend?

I wasn't recommending the Hydra, just giving you an example.... :)

It still helped because it allowed me to narrow my research so I do appreciate you using the hydra pro as an example...now I need to find a controller that meets my desires :)

I bought the hydra pro after all and I'm very happy with it.

Back