• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tank Geek

Well after much debate and advice I decided again the DD case and I'm going with the MM Pinnacle 18. I was looking at the pics of rigs in the sticky and saw some rigs have fan controllers. Are these a luxury? I want one I was looking at a few and wanted some opinions on them. My MM case has the capacity for 3 drive bays so I was looking at a dual unit. What do you think?
Should I post this in the case section? IDK? :shrug:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9...ack.html?tl=g47c17s286&id=6R8Epbrc&mv_pc=1475

I like my sunbeam, does the job cheap. If you want some purdier ones that still have good wattage/channel, check out lamptron.

I like my sunbeam, does the job cheap. If you want some purdier ones that still have good wattage/channel, check out lamptron.

+1 I agree.

I personally have a Lamptron FC5V2 and love it. It shows you the RPM as well as the temp from a probe or the voltage (you get to choose). It can also handle 30W/channel so I can control multiple fans/channel if I want.

-H

hey KW: If I read the stats right of the controller you linked it is only 6w per channel, which seams weak. it's on page 2 of their manual. most hear are looking for a 20w+ controller, and for a sweeeeeeeet case I'd suggest you go for the roof; aim for 30w, 6 channels, touch screen, changes colors, all the works. I'll look around n post you anything I think is nice. I too am in the market for a BALLS TO THE WALLS controller.

+1 I agree.

I personally have a Lamptron FC5V2 and love it. It shows you the RPM as well as the temp from a probe or the voltage (you get to choose). It can also handle 30W/channel so I can control multiple fans/channel if I want.

-H
Thanks for the reply.

hey KW: If I read the stats right of the controller you linked it is only 6w per channel, which seams weak. it's on page 2 of their manual. most hear are looking for a 20w+ controller, and for a sweeeeeeeet case I'd suggest you go for the roof; aim for 30w, 6 channels, touch screen, changes colors, all the works. I'll look around n post you anything I think is nice. I too am in the market for a BALLS TO THE WALLS controller.
Dtrunk sounds good let me know if you find anything. I am going to keep looking.

The linked thread has comments by spawne32, the lamptron rep, who is here under the same name. I've linked him to this thread and requested he comment. I'm reading up on things now.

crazy... ohh, i forgot startup voltage. If you're dropping below certain voltages for the fan, you need the controller to startup the fan at say 10v+ and then drop down to a 9v setting (or something.) so if you went with HIGH speed fans and plan to seriously undervolt them, make sure the controller has a good startup voltage. Whoa @ that article about gvans.

crazy... ohh, i forgot startup voltage. If you're dropping below certain voltages for the fan, you need the controller to startup the fan at say 10v+ and then drop down to a 9v setting (or something.) so if you went with HIGH speed fans and plan to seriously undervolt them, make sure the controller has a good startup voltage. Whoa @ that article about gvans.

Thanks!

For a bit of perspective: most fans startup around 5v, I can't think of any off the top of my head that need more than 7v to start (I'm sure someone can come up with one, but the vast majority of what you'll encounter will be in that range.

Back