• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan cost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

In general how much money are you spent on fans for your watercooling? I ask this question is because I just realized I have spent totaled over $500 on fan. I got 16 Delta fans pwm. I got most the the fans from Amazon and cost around $40 each with shipping. Now I realized Ebay sells Delta fan as well, and a hair cheaper but damn, it still cost me a crap loads of money on fans.

I think my panasonic m1 fans were $15 each 7 years ago. All my other fans came with my lian li and are still rolling great. My d5 has been in use since 2006.

LOL, $500 on fans... wow. How many and of what size radiators do you have?!!!!

I spent a total of $40 on 8 fans around 5 years ago not including shipping (120mm Yate Loon High's). This was a push/pull setup on 5x120mm worth of rad.

I put a limit on myself of $20 per fan, but those fans better be good :D

Last time I bought fans for water cooling, it was $128 for 8x AP-15 Gentle Typhoons ($16 each).

Well, I got 3 Black Ice GTX radiators, 1 480mm, 2 360mm that take 10 fans. 4 fans for active cooling, 2 for the front vrm and 2 for back vrm and 2 for the front case intake fan. That is a total of 16 fans. Yeah, those Delta fan are expensive and I did not realized how fast it is adding up.

After this watercooling update/upgrade. I am done with radiator/fan purchase for a long long time. :)

Last edited:
Sheesh. You must be running a shyteton of video cards lol. My single bip3 that cost $30 used here is holding my whole rig together lol.

I'd say for all my liquid cooling exploits from 2004 til now I've spent about $500 for sure though.

well, if you want the ultimate watercooling, then $500 won't cut it. Been there done that. At most I will probably use is 2 R9 290 watercool, but that is down the road. Running 5.0Ghz this cpu is created a lot of heat when I rendering long hrs project. I choose the ultimate watercooling now, so that I will never ever be looking to upgrade ever again.

I have a total of 7 fans in my current rig. $40.

How much have I spent total on fans over the past six years or so? Maybe $80. I have a little "fan fort" of unused fans sitting around. These are just the ones that weren't in use at the time of the photo last summer.

2013-07-10 16.39.10.jpg

i think the big fans are cheaper than small ones lol. im thinking of putting a few 30s or 40s in in my rig to circulate around the bottom as the only fans in the case draw through the case and exit from the top.

the 120mm fans are $10-$15. often times you find yate loons or similar low flow fans 3-5 for lke $20. but one decent 30mm fan is $10.. doesnt really scale with size.
the most expensive fans ive owned would be a tossup between the AOC aluminum frame fans i used to use in my sff liquid cooling or the TFB1212GHE delta i tried out with my BIX single in that same machine. even at 7 volts that tfb was just untolorable for daily use. but i guess with modern gpu fans it wasnt so bad.

considering the life ive got from my current panaflo fans, id consider myself a panasonic for life person though. though this thread has had me thinking i might pull the stickers and give them a shot of bearing oil.

30mm fan? Those are tiny and loud as hell since they need to spin so fast to move any kind of air. For rads, go 120mm period. No reason to go more, no reason to go less and there are tons of fans to choose from being dirt cheap to hella expensive.

Unfortunatly my case doesn't allow chucking 120s wherever I like heh.

I still got my old Antec case that houses only 90mm fans from my first custom pc build actually. Soooo annoying like a fly buzzing next to your ear. No such thing as silent, that is for sure. Oh how times have changed.......:p

I spent $200 on my new fans. I got 10 Corsiar AF140 for my 420 and 280 rads in push/pull configuration and then the 5 140mm fans that came with my phanteks enthoo primo. I wont use all the phanteks 140mm fans but if I need one then I've got it.

Ny case has provision for a 120 in front. Heh. There was this massive lianli I wanted to replace it with but for now ill stay full atx sff ;)

my $0.02: u get what you pay for. delta is stupid expensive but if you wanna move mass air at high static pressure, can't beat them; all Gent Typn fans are worth it too. i'm currently into bit fenix for their large 200-220mm fans as they move lots of air at decent static pressure; swiftech helix for 120/140mm fans for my radiator fans as they post good SP/cfm figures and i've had good experiences with them. plus, the swiftech guys were on here and they're good guys. i went the yate loon route for 1 year, decent fans but louder then the helix 120mm running at full speed and lower temps with the helix fans; just a C or 2. also tried b-blasters, questionable quality (tick in one) and a little loud.

Back