• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan spinning strangely

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mati832

Hi guys

I have Acer Aspire 5735 and since it was overheating i decided to clean the fan and put new thermal grease on. It didn't help so i took the bottom off and turned it on to have a look. What happens is the fan is spinning left for like a second then it stops, after a while it spins right, then it stops and spins left for a second again etc. I don't know what might be wrong. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Sounds like the fan is bad. I've seen PWM fans do this when the controller thingy goes out (not sure what it's called). You should be able to get a fan for it for next to nothing if it's a laptop. The fans for them are really cheap.

Thanks, I just hope it's what you say, i bought a new one already. maybe i moved some part of it which i shouldnt when i was cleaning it or something

Thanks, I just hope it's what you say, i bought a new one already. maybe i moved some part of it which i shouldnt when i was cleaning it or something

It was already overheating, wasn't it? I think the fan was the reason.

Back