• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans to choose from

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dopa

Registered
Hey guys. I'm preparing a new project as my personal rig, which will also include a custom loop. Now for rad I will be getting an EK XE 360 or 480 rad which I want to run only on pull configuration. So my question is what are the best fans for such a thick rad only running pull configuration?? At first I was thinking of going for Noctuas iPPC but the 7.5mmH2O model runs max at 24v which I cannot get to work at my rig apparently. I've been laying my eyes on Coolermaster MasterFan Pro 120 Air Pressure and EK Furious Vardars.
What would u suggest for best cooling performance? Thanks !

If you're not interested into RGB craze but just want straight low noise performance, I would look no further then the Gentle Typhoons.

Is 2.85mmH2O static pressure enough to pull air through a 16 FPI/60mm rad? Yea, I’m not looking into RGB for the fans, i don’t care about the looks either. On the way I’m gonna mod the case, the fans won’t be visible anyway.

If you're not interested into RGB craze but just want straight low noise performance, I would look no further then the Gentle Typhoons.

I second the Gentle Typhoons. Other then the cost they are the best all round radiator fan. Other then that, the Noctua industrial fans or delta's if you don't mind the noise. Some of the scythe slip stream fans are nice of thinner radiators too.

I second the Gentle Typhoons. Other then the cost they are the best all round radiator fan. Other then that, the Noctua industrial fans or delta's if you don't mind the noise. Some of the scythe slip stream fans are nice of thinner radiators too.

As a matter of fact I was looking at the Noctua industrials but the 3000RPM models need 24V on the PWM signal so that won't work on the mobo header. The CM MasterFan Pro 120 has 5.08mmH2O static pressure@2750RPM and it looks as a good candidate.Do you have any experience of how they work on rads?

Is 2.85mmH2O static pressure enough to pull air through a 16 FPI/60mm rad? Yea, I’m not looking into RGB for the fans, i don’t care about the looks either. On the way I’m gonna mod the case, the fans won’t be visible anyway.

Should be. I mean most folks that want the ultra quiet build get the GT's and run them say in the 600-800 RPM range on 8 or 9 FPI rads. I don't think you should have a problem pushing air through with the GTs, being the kings of air pushing and audibles for many years and tested by the experts.

As a matter of fact I was looking at the Noctua industrials but the 3000RPM models need 24V on the PWM signal so that won't work on the mobo header. The CM MasterFan Pro 120 has 5.08mmH2O static pressure@2750RPM and it looks as a good candidate.Do you have any experience of how they work on rads?

If its a 24V PWM fan, it's not going to get 24V from the PWM signal, that will come from a separate power source. PWM signal will just give the fan the orders and yes, 24V doesn't sound welcoming to any 1A MB fan header. You'll need a fan controller to run those bad boys at full blast. I honestly wouldn't go higher then 2400 RPM for a 16 FPI rad imo but that is all up to you.

I've been eyeing the GT's for replacements for my rad. Currently using BitFenix Pro's which aren't bad tho at push/pull.

Back