• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Faulty SSD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im at a loss, the drive is good to go... i wonder if there is something in the fw for that ssd that might be causing some problem. as we are talking mac os and maybe a specialized fw for apple to handle it differently then windows. just throwing that out there since this has me baffled right now.

im at a loss, the drive is good to go... i wonder if there is something in the fw for that ssd that might be causing some problem. as we are talking mac os and maybe a specialized fw for apple to handle it differently then windows. just throwing that out there since this has me baffled right now.

I've done 3 previous Windows 7 installs on that SSD with the previous motherboard, and it was 100% reliable. I wonder if I should DBAN it and try again.

I've done 3 previous Windows 7 installs on that SSD with the previous motherboard, and it was 100% reliable. I wonder if I should DBAN it and try again.

worth a shot.. if it doesn't work I would guess board/ssd conflict. I'm sure you've checked the cable/port already too.

I tried a different SATA port and cable and did another reinstall of Windows 7. It won't even finish installing now before it restarts. I might strip the computer apart and sell it piece by piece then I can buy an Android tablet instead. This build has been nothing but trouble with multiple hardware failures, and I don't have the time, money, or energy to keep fixing it whenever something else breaks.

Is the SSD under warranty? maybe you could get a replacement.

No warranty on SSD unfortunately. The BIOS won't let me set the SSD as the default boot drive, and it won't let me set some of my other HDDs as the default boot drive either. It will let me force boot of any drive I choose, but then I have to manually do that every time I restart the computer.

I might actually sell the computer because I'm sick of all the problems I've had with it. Multiple motherboard failures, now this. I don't have the time, money or energy to keep fixing this unreliable piece of crap every time something else breaks. It doesn't work for more than a few months at a time before something else goes wrong with it, and it's been like that ever since I built it just over a year ago.

I'll probably just buy a Galaxy tablet instead because at least that way I won't have to diagnose or fix faults.

If I have to replace another motherboard on this thing then I'm going to shoot it with my shotgun.

Thats some bad luck, i hope your luck gets better. I have been there before.:bang head

Is your cmos battery ok?

Back