• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FCPGA-Multiplier unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If the multiplyer is set by prom then there must be pins/connectiors which set it in the first place. Contrary to popular belief PROM is not a do once then it cannot be changed process. Instead it is just set and then is stored until it is changed. So all you need to do is find the pins/connector and over volt the PROM to change the multiplyer.

Intel has set the lock all that has to be done is find the freq that it oscilates at and either add or subtract from it. That is the little device attached on the board of the PII. Change it and you change the multiplier.

amd does not support overclocking and intel discorages overclocking, so they will try hard to stop people

I wondering if they (Intel) have seen this Post and if they are cringing cause you guys are close or laughing..
Gee it would be nice to meet a disgruntled intel staff member and find out..

-------------------------------------------------
Remember the Truth is out there..

Hi guy's,

Reading this forum, i've find some confusions.

There is NO resistor packs under the CPU from Intel, but capacitors,
you can simply shortcut them and run some test, without any problems.
After that, just remove the shortcuts and problem is solved.

Success,
Elvis

ZmajEly (Jun 05, 2001 09:56 a.m.):
Hi guy's,

Reading this forum, i've find some confusions.

There is NO resistor packs under the CPU from Intel, but capacitors,
you can simply shortcut them and run some test, without any problems.
After that, just remove the shortcuts and problem is solved.

Success,
Elvis

I would assume that you've tried this and had success ??
regards

It's true It's true It's true. If you remove these resistors you'lll have an unlocked Pentium III processor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have prove for this statement! I have a picture of an unlocked engineering sample P3 and it doesn't have these resistors either!!!!!! Look at this I got the picture from Kevin Hamill who writes articles for www.fullon3d.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it, it's true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

celemine1gig, according to your picture the unlocked p3 has 4 EXTRA bridges. furthermore these are not resisters,transisters, or capictors. they are in fact just wire trace bridges. if indeed im looking at the right thing here?

you can do it!,
sendatooli.

Celemine1Gig (Jun 07, 2001 06:00 p.m.):
where did you see 4 extra ones??????????

The photo on the right has 4 small rectangle objects in the center section and the photo on the left has 6.

Ok.....This is quite interesting.....I have a Slot 1 P3 450, and the little yellow thing (I've no i dea what it is called) One side is unattached, but the other is. I never even thought about it unlocking the chip, but according to one member, on PII's is unlocks them. In fact, I superglued it back. I am going to take it off as soon as i get off doing my project. When it was off before, it worked fine, i never tried changing the multiplier tho. We'll see i guess.

I really hope we find out what to do. Unfortunately, if we had an idea how to do this on a cD0 chip, it would be even better, since they should overclock much better that the cC0's. Does anyone have a picture of a cD0 to compare to a cC0? Well, off to mess around with my P3 450 Katmai.

Placid (Jun 07, 2001 06:36 p.m.):
Celemine1Gig (Jun 07, 2001 06:00 p.m.):
where did you see 4 extra ones??????????

The photo on the right has 4 small rectangle objects in the center section and the photo on the left has 6.

I see two extras, myself...=)

If this does indeed work, we stand on the brink of a new chapter in overclocking intel products.

Has anyone done similar reasearch with the slot 1 Coppermine P///'s??

Mr B

very interesting.... so we can try short thingy's then??? by bridging them together???

what about the 4 extra rectangles....

there seems to be an extra circle on the bottom too...

i'm not sure if the cirlce thingy lines up...

there are only 2 circles on the unlocked pIII, but 3 circles on the locked one....

just pointing out what i see...

sifu quoc (Jun 07, 2001 08:06 p.m.):
very interesting.... so we can try short thingy's then??? by bridging them together???

what about the 4 extra rectangles....

there seems to be an extra circle on the bottom too...

i'm not sure if the cirlce thingy lines up...

there are only 2 circles on the unlocked pIII, but 3 circles on the locked one....

just pointing out what i see...

Just the opposite we want to remove them so that no current passes through, if you shorted them you might be on a quick path to a dead CPU and at this point removing them might kill a CPU as well we dont know because the one guy that tried said he bent CPU pins and broke one off. would be great to get this working and then give the AMD boys a run for there money :)

Back