• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feser One, is the residue cleanable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

txus.palacios

So, in my quest to find a Black Ice GTX360, I found this guy who had a Black Ice GTX 360 and that was going to sell it for a 30% less price.

I asked for pics and I got this.

dsc00333ru.jpg

Is it possible to clean that in the pipes? It seems he was using Feser One "Blood Red" coolant, and it left a lot of residue there.

Is it cleanable with the rad dance?

You can try the regular cleaning products (vinegar, distilled, etc), but chances are you won't be able to get rid of it. Chances are also good that it will not be a detriment to performance either (or spread). I've had gear stained by FrozenCPU UV Red dye before and used said components in other loops with components that had never seen dye, and the components that had never seen dye stayed that way after being used in the same loop. Temps did not suffer.

You might be able to get it out with some high pressure water...but I would have him do that. Tell him it's only a deal if he can get it clean, then clean it again yourself when it shows up.

Ye, already told him that I won't pay more than 45 EUR shipped if it's in that condition. Only if he cleans it and it comes out brand new will I pay the whole amount of 67 EUR.

And I guess he won't say no. The post where he had the GTX360 on had a long time there. I think he wants to get rid of it.

UPDATE: So, hmm, yeah. The guy is a douche. I told him to clean the radiator because I won't buy it in that state with the Feser One damage and started mourning about "it's an used product and used products must come with damage" and blah, blah, blah. Told him aboout a discount because of the damage and he said that he won't discount a penny because the radiator was in perfect condition. Well, the guy can keep the radiator, I've just ordered a new one from Aquatuning. :3

Last edited:
Back