• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Few issues with new x850xtpe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
ok, so iv got myself a new sapphire x850xtpe :D however, iv been having a few issues with it....
firstly, only the official cat5.2s will install on it (the ones without cat control center - iv never got the dam thing to work ever), NO other cat or omega drivers will install with it in...
Also, for some reason Need For Speed Underground 2 has gone crazy, it was fine on my agp x800xtpe, but now at 1600x1200 with everything (i do mean everything) at max it looks like this -

nfsu2problem.jpg

iv tried everything, lowering AA and AF, turning AA and AF off in the ati properties and letting the game control em, turning up/down/off cat AI, iv updated to patch 1.1 - nothing works - whats going on?

Tis a cracking card tho ;)

Wish I could offer something. Mine is still sitting in the box waiting for the FX to arrive. If I have any similar stuff happen I'll let you know.

well in a game like NFSu2 did you go in and just turn up the resolution? cuz id so you need to also go into the custome graphic settings and turn up work detail and all the pretty eye candy as well

All options are set to max - that includes custom graphics settings in the game

the street looks like it was software rendered..
Don't know if you already did this, but save your savegames und reinstall the game, maybe it didn't like the gfx card swap.

iv tried that - this is on a fresh install of windows - this my 3rd attempt at installing it :(

that's bad.. how are other direct 3d apps/games running?

well at least it shouldn't be a hardware error and the problem should be solvable.

I also hope someone with more knowlegde chimes in.

edit: you said, you turned aa/af off in the control panel, but did you try to turn it off in the game too? I guess trilinear filtering is enabled.. but just to make sure.

edit2: just found this:
I had the same problem... in your Video Options, for your video card in Windows, set your Antiostoperic Filtering to Quality and bump it up to max, then pixelated graphics should go away, also make sure everything in there is set to high quality.
I'll keep on searching

another link.. maybe useful, but seems to be the same solution :link

Last edited:
have you got the new control panel?
it looks like somethings set to performance not quality, or you may have a box checked that lets the driver pick the setting, have a good check through them,
i have no problems with the ati cat 5.2s finding them ok

i've had this problem with nba live 05, i can get it to work sometimes, but after changing driver settings for another game the AA is all screwed, i got it working right by using the new(2nd) 5.2 Catalyst and CCC release

Well i have the software rendering kicking in after playing for a little while. Lifthanger? DO YOU KNOW WHY IT CHANGES TO SOFTWARE RENDERING?

My Thread is in the ATi section if you want full details.

Back