• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally Going Cold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
It's about time, eh? I'm finally going cold after trading for an Al/Cu Duniek BartX pot. It's no Gemini (or even close), but should be ok to get started on the sub-zero path. ETA to below zero is weekend after this coming one. For now, here's what should be on its way tomorrow (note card blanked out to protect the innocent trader).

pot-package.jpg

Since Duniek posts pics of his own interiors, I guess it doesn't hurt to post this one too.

pot-interior.jpg

Once I figure out how to insulate the beast well enough, the fun will be had on a Crosshair IV Extreme and either a 1075T or 1090T. Since it's easier, probably the 1090T for the first run.

It will be live streamed, probably with some embarrassing moments.

Yay!

Last edited:
hey thats my pot! i'm pumped to test out the 965 your sending me.

maybe we can have a bench party, you going cold with that pot and me going cold with the 965 your trading me and a F1EE!

party on Wayne! Party on Garth!

:thup:

Thanks Bob!

Cold.nut, definitely share your results. I'd like to see how that one turns out cold. Sacrifices had to be made! Cold ability > extra chip!!

jeremy, don't let me miss your bench session. i'll be sure and ship that out tomorrow!

Congrats, I had the exact same DICE pot for my first, it's a BartX economy model. I just sold it actually, and bought a Koolance V2 which I haven't used yet! Not time lately, sheesh.

I can tell you, it's not super great at cooling I7's or other hot quad cores. But for any dual core, I3's/I5's or 775 chips, it's really good at. I got an I3 540 at 5.65ghz on DICE with that same pot. As for a 1090T, well I had a 1055T that I got just to 5ghz on it.

hey jeremy,

i went to ship it out today like i told you i would. lo and behold the post office was closed due to Columbus Day.

i'll be sure and ship it out tomorrow!

:thup: thanks

keep us informed on the livestream date. I am very interested in seeing this one. you will be a changed man. it may be like having to change a baby, as the results can make some lose their ability to control things.

So, this is messed up. Apparently some <insert many expletives here> at the USPS decided they needed the metal out of the box more than I did. My package came complete with insulation, a mounting bracket and two gaping holes where someone obviously ripped it open to grab what they felt like grabbing. To say I'm livid would be an understatement.

I don't blame the seller; this is some crackhead with the USPS that has no idea how to use what they stole and wanted to sell the thing for the two bucks worth of metal.

The theft has already been reported to USPS, so I'll post something when/if I find something out. What bugs me is our postal person. Why would you just put that in the box?? No note from the postal service, just a very light package that could not have possibly justified the $11.46 shipping cost -with obvious tampering- stuck in the mailbox.

Here's the end out of which they obviously pulled the pot.

box-corner.jpg

:mad:

Gah, that sucks :(
I hope it all works out for you, that kind of thing is a pain.

That is messed up...beyond belief...I wouldn't even be able to post here.. I'd probaby be in jail right now for the crime of Freaking Out in a Post Office. (it's a misdemeanor)

Back