• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally hit 2Ghz with my XP1600+!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

Thanks to Hoot's vcore mod tip, I finally hit 2006mhz w/ my chip. Had to go upto 2.27v to do it but cpu temp still niceand cool.

10%2E5x191%3D2006%2Ejpg

Last edited:
Guess I don't need to spend on a XP1800 tbred after all.

mbm5%202016mhz%202.27v%2035c.jpg

Last edited:
just a reminder, even though your temps are nice and your oc is stable, high voltages WILL reduce the life of your chips, though you can still get two or three years of usage outa the overvolted chip from the usual life expectancy of five or so.

just a reminder, thats a really nice oc btw, and ive had a duron overvolted that high for the past 6 months :D no problems

Thanks guys. Took me a couple of months to get here:) :)

Whooping panda, thanks for the advice but I won't be running my chip at 2ghz and 2.27v unless I'm running benches. I keep it at 1858 and default 1.75v most of the time.

heh. life span... 20 years instead of 60.. woop. thats an impressive oc, but i have to really ask if it is trully stable. did you run days of prime 95 to gather this stability info? mine is unstable above 1.9 regardless of the voltage. it has been tested on a peltier water system and will still not beat 1.9. at least 100% stable.

if it is perfect then man... you kick ***.

We have a similar setup but you're running 30mhz more than me :D

Is that thing stable enough to run 3dmark? If so, please post up a linky :)

BTW, Mine runs at 188 x 10.5 = [email protected] ;)
I'm sure it'll do [email protected], I just need to get better cooling -- right now, i'm only using a volcano 7.
I can't wait till this weekend. eheh

I LOVE THESE 'LIL 1600's!! :beer:

Was able to squeeze a few more mhz out of my chip when I got my room temp down to 13c (left my study room windows open for a few hours to let the cold winter air in.brrrrr).

2025.jpg

Last edited:
Nice oc! Its those things that make me wanna finish building my computer and o/c after a bit more learning :)

Nice job once again!

Congrats, man! Achieving the goal is a pretty great feeling;)
When I got mine there I was psyched BIG time.

And as far as stability and longevity concerns: both are real things, but for stability I found that as long as I kept my cpu temp under 38c and case under 28 or so my pc was able to complete any and every test I threw at it; once temp went above 38c it would crash in short order at 2ghz:(

Longevity isn't really much of an issue for me.......I tend to try different ideas and mods out and usually end up killing whatever my main cpu is long before 2.3v would take it out........;)

Been running prime95 torture over 6 hours now and my cpu temp is now at 45c with my normal room temp of 22c/72f.

I did open my windows for a couple of hours this morning which made my room temp around 17c and brought my cpu temp around 40c. Had to shut the windows once my wife walked into my study room and it was freezing.

Going out to my in-laws in an hour, hope my pc's still priming when I get back this evening.:) :)

Last edited:
Things that make you go ah, makes me want to buy one myself. I can imagine the wife openning the door & smoke coming out of your mouth. Honey are you getting ready, just one more mhz hun, hehe.

chemmajik said:
Things that make you go ah, makes me want to buy one myself. I can imagine the wife openning the door & smoke coming out of your mouth. Honey are you getting ready, just one more mhz hun, hehe.

LOL, she even said that I was going to catch pneumonia if I didn't wear my winter jacket in there.

Back