• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally, the one click install!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I used your latest version, but the flags were not properly set in the registry after installation. I thought I must've downloaded an older version, but no, the flags *are* in the .reg file you've provided. What's up with that?

argh... these flags are going to be the death of me. I'll either go for a major overhaul or a re-do today. Thanks for helping out, I'll get it solved soon enough.

Here's a copy of the .reg file that comes with the current version:

REGEDIT

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FAH]
"Description"="Uses your computer's spare CPU cycles to solve complex scientific problems."
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FAH\Parameters]

"AppDirectory"="@ProgFiles\\Folding@Home"
"Application"="@ProgFiles\\Folding@Home\\FAH3Console.exe"
"AppParameters"="-service -advmethods -forceasm"

The flags are there, why they are not installing? I dunno....

Wedo

P.s. No Unistaller, I'll work on that too. Make two versions probably...

/me goes back into his cave.....

Ok, new version available that fixed the flags (I hope for good).

Last edited:
Hey, don't think I don't appreciate your work! It's trivial to go in and set the flags manually. Actually, running the .reg file after the installation probably would've worked as well...

Thanks Wedo! ^_^

Vertig0 said:
Hey, don't think I don't appreciate your work! It's trivial to go in and set the flags manually. Actually, running the .reg file after the installation probably would've worked as well...

Thanks Wedo! ^_^

I didn't even take your response that way. :) It's all in the process of trying to get it as easy as possible to install FAH as a service with the correct flags. I have friends who need to have their hand held when changing their wallpaper, so I wanted to make it simple.

Also, the .msi file will work really well in a NT based domain. So download the newest version before trying again. I just put it up at about 5:25pm PST.

Wedo

I tried the one click install last night and it would not complete. It kept looking for the 78core. I thought that it downloaded that after the install? Did I do something wrong. I just downloaded the latest version.

thanks

xsquared_uk said:
Yup, it did that to me on the v6 I downloaded today - another MSI compile needed methinks...!

Crappity crap.. Ok, I'll re-compile it. I hate it when I fix one thing and break something else.....

Wedo

wedo,
Once you get this one click going ! have 4 p4's ready to go. I've had to start borging again beacuse those pesky subteams wount get off my threats list!!! hopefully this will also up out total output with the home folders trying to compete with the sub teams!

Just an update:

Work has been insane recently, people getting fired and that sort of thing, so I've been a little pre=occupied with self-preservation recently and haven't been able to finish the One-Click.

However, I had been making good progress up until the jihad broke out at my office and should have it done soon. By soon I mean either this week or I'm taking it with me this weekend when I go out of town.

It would help me out if someone knows how to restart the services in an NT based machine (W2k, xp etc) from the command line. The last battle I'm having is trying to get the service to start after installing the One-Click.

I can't seem to find the info I need anywhere on restarting just one service or the whole lot from the command line.

More soon,
Wedo

NiTrO bOiE said:
Wedo the command to restart the service is restart "servicename".

Here's a link to more commands if you need them:
http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man1/service.1.asp

hey now thats good thing to know *adds to list of "tools"* heh.

This is a cool thing, havent tried it myself yet (for various reasons) however, I have a lot of Win9x machines to test this type of stuff on, I can look into doing this same type of "one-click-service" for 9X (not ME...wouldn't even come within 10feet of that :p ). found some interesting registry areticles on M$'s knowledgebase about services and whatnot in the 9X/ME environment.

And props to you Wedo! Very awsome!! :clap:

Back