• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally took the plunge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronbert

Hey guys! I've been monitoring the thread on and off for a while debating whether to join or not. Like most of you I have an enthusiasm for space exploration and after lurking for a couple months now I went ahead and followed the step by step guide to get me set up going :)

So far so good I'm recieving work from Seti@home and what not. I think it's pretty cool that I can contribute to my favorite field of science by just checking my e-mails and facebook and letting Bionic run in the back ground.

Got my account all set up and of course joined the Overclockers.com team, looking forward to submitting data along with the rest of you.

Welcome!!

Welcome on board! :welcome:

More crunching powa!!!

Your rig should do very nicely :attn:

Hey, Ronbert, Great to have you on-board! :) I'm surprised to see you're running your 955BE at stock?? but that should get you ~4k RAC all by itself. Did you install the optimizers yet? If not, check my sig for the instructions. ;)

If you want to use the SETITEAM banner it's available in your UserCP under "Group Memberships" on the left-hand side.

I'll be looking for your MIlestone. With a rig like that it should take too long to rack up 100k. :)

Thanks guys!

Hey QI :D I actually followed that guide tooth and nail. I'm actually running at stock because I unfortunately have a stock HSF >_>; I'm also working on getting the client for running Seti on my gtx 460 as well.

Soon enough I'm gonna get a Hyper 212 and probably a couple Scyth 120mm fans for push pull. Basically I'm just working on getting a few things for my pc then I plan to run seti on a more consistent basis instead of an hour here and an hour there.

Back