• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Ever BlizzCon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

I saw a few threads that had mentioned BlizzCon, but not one focused just on it, so...

http://www.blizzcon.com/

WHAT IS BLIZZCON?

Blizzard Entertainment welcomes you to the inaugural BlizzCon at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California, on October 28-29th, 2005! BlizzCon is a celebration of the Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo franchises and the players who have helped make them so popular around the world. We invite you to join us for an exciting weekend of gaming and socializing with your fellow Blizzard gamers and developers.

BlizzCon 2005 will spotlight World of Warcraft, but will also feature hands-on gameplay of StarCraft: Ghost and other Blizzard games. Some of the activities at BlizzCon will include:

Q&A panels with the World of Warcraft and StarCraft: Ghost developers
Playing World of Warcraft Battlegrounds live with friends
1st public hands-on gameplay of StarCraft: Ghost
BlizzCon Invitational Tournament, featuring top Warcraft III and StarCraft professional gamers from around the world
A separate LAN area stocked with PCs for your gaming pleasure
Contests for die-hard gamers to compete in for great loot
Custom BlizzCon merchandise and other Blizzard merchandise in the BlizzCon store
A blowout closing night concert featuring multi-platinum recording artists The Offspring!

It starts in a few days, tickets are sold out. Anyone going? What do you think? Will it live up to Quakecon?

I thought about going, but then I remembered how Blizz customer service stinks, so I don't want them to have anymore of my money then they already have. Don't get me wrong, I like WoW, but their customer service sucks.

Do I think it will live up to QuakeCon, yep, I think it will be pretty big.

It's great how Blizzard is finally doing something with the Starcraft progaming scene!

Back