• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft Brings DirectX 12 To Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Funny thing is when MS tries to get users to log into their pc with a phone #, spectrum is now using the same backhanded two-faced tactic for the EXACT same result. "You NEED a cellphone". No, actually most already have one-LIARS. They want people to buy their cellular service at the rock bottom price of $15/gig/month. Same price I might add as you can get with a StraightTalk Hotspot just without the phone service. So it's not a deal at all really. If one needs to really save money they just get the phone not the data. Kicker is you must have a home internet service acct with them first. It's flat out a deceptive way of literally logging in with your cellular #. Do no trust Spectrum's utter horse**** sales pitch. It's rather no different than when you get your first ISP and they're like, 'Here's your free email acct with us'. No thanks

Last edited:
I'm guessing Microsoft will extend support for Windows 7 to commercial entities like healthcare systems and POS who use dedicated apps and equipment that will not work with newer Windows. Remember, they did that (are doing it?) with Windows XP and someone developed a hack that tricked XP into posing as a POS OS so anyone could still get updates. Even if that happens with Win 7, the bigger issue over time will be it's abandonment by the browser makers, drivers, etc.
Doesnt this article explicitly state that already? Or are you saying even after these three paid years for corporate entities they will extend it further?

I'd be nervous if healthcare was using POS level updates just to maintain their systems.... that doesnt sound secure. everyone has had enough time from this announcement to make plans to move on (a few years)...that doesnt mean they can but yeah. I find it hard to imagine corporate healthcare will hack regular PCs for POS updates.

Edit: as a side note, Windows Embedded POSReady 7 support ended in 2016. Its extended support ends 10/2021.

Last edited:
It's rather no different than when you get your first ISP and they're like, 'Here's your free email acct with us'. No thanks

Or your first Windows OS.....Or Chrome....Or just about any browser, really. Only way I know around it is to set up your own email server.

Back