• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Overclock on FX6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sparx180

Hi, Im new here and have just a few things i want clearing up with my overclock, I read up quite a bit before starting and managed to get my fx 6100 up to 4.0Ghz. Its stable at 1.3V when testing with Prime95 for 2 hours but im unsure about the Temps, my cooler is a Titan but not sure which one, its good but nothing amazing. I got my pc custom built so i dont have the box to tell which it is. But anyway, im confused because no one seems to clarify when they say about temps wether they are core temps or cpu temps. Ive attached a screen from AIDA64 and CPU-Z and i would be grateful if someone could check them over for me as this is my 1st gaming PC and 1st overclock and i dont know anyone personally who overclocks their PC.
Thanks in advance.

Oh and my build is as follows:
Case: CM Elite 310
CPU: FX6100 @4.0Ghz
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB
MOBO:ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 50
On the FX CPUs, 60c is about the max you should allow for core temps and about 70c for CPU socket temps.

On the FX CPUs, 60c is about the max you should allow for core temps and about 70c for CPU socket temps.

And Aida64 does not break out the temps like Free HWMonitor from CPUID com does. So we can only suggest max temps as reported by 'trents'. Had we a capture of HWMonitor while Prime 95 was running in Blend mode...well then that is where the temps meet the road.

And Aida64 does not break out the temps like Free HWMonitor from CPUID com does. So we can only suggest max temps as reported by 'trents'. Had we a capture of HWMonitor while Prime 95 was running in Blend mode...well then that is where the temps meet the road.

HW Monitor was showing the exact same temps as Aida64. And that screen was during a 2 hour blend session with prime95.

Sparx, welcome. If I'm not mistaken, the screen you posted is current readings. Your max/min readings would be helpful also. Just keep in mind what Trents said, 60 on the cores and 70 on socket, is about the highest you want.

Sparx, welcome. If I'm not mistaken, the screen you posted is current readings. Your max/min readings would be helpful also. Just keep in mind what Trents said, 60 on the cores and 70 on socket, is about the highest you want.

Thanks guys.
Heres a screen from HWMonitor during a blend test this morning.
I might get a better cooler when one is going cheap. Any reccomendations you fellas can give me?

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 52
Sparkx at this point it is helpful if you create a signature with your components listed so we don't have to look back at your OP to see what's in the box. Here's How

As far as cooling goes, A highly recommended heatsink is the Coolermaster Hyper 212+ or evo. The evo is the newer version and will provide slightly better cooling. Problem is your case is only 7.5 " wide so it may not fit. Second, I looked at your case, if you are really planning on trying for higher clocks I'm not sure if it is going to provide enough airflow. If it doesn't have it already installed you should at least put a 120mm fan in the front of the case, it says it is optional when I looked in the specs. If money isn't an issue you may want to consider getting a better case. This is all with the theory that you want to push the overclocking.

Furthermore, could you post a SS of the CPU_Z, spd and memory tabs as well as the HWmonitor with the CPU-V core, temperatures and core temps included. Thanks Drake.

Back