• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First overclock! Thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those temps are all great! You have no reason to worry. I would add about 10c to the core temp, however, as it looks unrealistically low. Even then, it's still really good.

is it possible that my motherboard is reading the temperatures wrong? or is it a problem with my temperature monitoring software?

also, can anyone tell me what part of the mb the CPUTIN is? Northbridge or is it the actual CPU SOCKET? Just trying to get a feel for what each temp corresponds with on the mainboard.

thanks for all your help and replies!!!

Just about all whom have responded have said your temps look good from their experience seeing 100's of these posts like yours over many different brands of motherboard. That about covers temps.

is it possible that my motherboard is reading the temperatures wrong? = I doubt it seriously.

or is it a problem with my temperature monitoring software? = Not likely since your temps with the exception of that AUX temp, seem mighty good overall. No software is clinical or scientic grade. Not meant to be. The majority of cpus have an inbuilt shutdown circuit if the temps reach beyond the point at which damage would occur.

also, can anyone tell me what part of the mb the CPUTIN is? Northbridge or is it the actual CPU SOCKET? = This is greatly debated without a 'super' defintitve answer. And is subject to change depending on some variables. The mobo maker CAN have that temp reading come from a socket sensor IF the cpu was unable to produce such signal. There is no way to know such since in the field we do not have the equipment for such testing nor are we going to be privvy to intellectual property to give us testing criteria. It really does not matter in the overall scope of things if the temp is not showing too high. Yours does not.

Just trying to get a feel for what each temp corresponds with on the mainboard. = To most viewing your thread, your temps 'feel' pretty darn good.

Your main problem will be just like mine from now on, and that is we did not buy a 1090T or 1100T Thuban processor while they were still available and had not dried up in the market place. They were multiplier unlocked cpus and did not rely on clocking the heck out of the FSB/Cpu Frequency which does need a very good motherboard. Just raising a cpu multiplier for increased clock speed put most of the strain on the Cpu, but clocking by FSB/Cpu Frequency puts a lot of the load on how well the motherboard is fit for FSB clocking.

I would assume the CPUTIN is the socket temp but as RGone said in the big scope of things it's not critical because all the motherboard temp sensors are showing safe temps. The fact is they are probably all close enough to each other geographically speaking in a small space that they will be close together value wise.

Relax dude!

I would assume the CPUTIN is the socket temp but as RGone said in the big scope of things it's not critical because all the motherboard temp sensors are showing safe temps. The fact is they are probably all close enough to each other geographically speaking in a small space that they will be close together value wise.

Relax dude!

Gotcha! sorry for ovetreacting im new to this!

For the record hardware monitor actually reports the temps very wrong for 45 nm processors. AMD OverDrive reports correct temps which will be 10° C higher than what you see in hardware monitor.

hello this is my first post. why dont you just use the asrock axtu on your mb? it will give you options to overclock without having to go into the bios every time, it shows you your temps fan speeds and allows you to adjust as well. Concerning your temps ive got my 965 be overclocked to 4.1ghz and idle temps for the cpu are 35c my temps when running is 40-45c max. my north bridge is overclocked to 2.5mhz and when watching 1080p videos my running temp is 38c so something sounds wrong to me. I have the same mb 990fx extreme3,and i have never experienced temps that high on the mb. my vcore voltage is 1.383,my nb 1.145,my cpu frequency is 205 and the multiplier is 4200mhz it shows in the AXTU that im at 4.1ghz and im stable with very low temps. i run an antec liquid cooler and 4 120mm fans one right above the nb on my mb in a rosewill redbone case,maybe this will help?

Back