• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time Gaming PC Build. ~$900. Suggestions Appreciated.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome deal on the i5 good luck for the rest you seem's to be in control here. find some comparison test for GPU's and enjoy yourself ;)

Normal for the 4670K at MC. ;)

As far as GPU... what res are you gaming at again and what games are you playing?

The games I currently own are: Batman Arkham City, Arkham Asylum, Minecraft, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty World At War, Civilization 5, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, and I just got Sims 3 for Christmas.

I also am getting Battlefield 4, Counter Strike: Global Offence, and League of Legends.

I think I mentioned this before, but I always just used the normal resolution settings or whatever my Xbox 360 has. So I'm not really sure what I want. As long as it looks better than my Xbox 360 graphics, I will be happy.

You can't go wrong with an EVO 212 I think these days for a really cheap cooler.

I was going to suggest another case I'd gotten recently for cheap for a rebuild, but I like Antecs also myself so that good.

I believe he said he was going to use a 32 " 1080P for a monitor, I used to till it died on me, so I'd assume 1920 x 1080.

as far as if he isn't going to OC, you ought to give it a go in the future anyways if you're going to stick that EVO on there.

It's not that imposing.

A 270X would push that just fine I'd think, GPU's are a bit hefty in price from all the miners lately.

But as far as picking between the two couldn't offer much advice, I was running two old GTX 260 216 in SLI till I picked up the 280x a couple months ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121802

?

One there for $191 open box if ya chance it, I bought My P6T7 that way over 5 years along and it's kicking fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121802R

Last edited:
Yup, like MongGrel said, I am using a 32in 1080 LED TV as a monitor right now. How ever, I plan on switching to either a 19.5inch (like bob4933 and I talked about) or a 23inch monitor. I haven't decided yet.

Back