• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time Overclocker With Professional Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mawsoccer

Well, at the beginning of this year, I not only built my first PC, I also Overclocked it. I bought all my parts according to recommendations I had read in countless threads.

Now, all my hard work and exhausting research has officially paid off.

Here is my Hardware:

Asus P5B-Deluxe
E6600 - L631A383 @ 3.6 Ghz @ 1.46 vCore
eVGA 7600GT KO @ 651/826
2 x Ballistix DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-800 4-4-4-12
Samsung 18X DVDRW Combo
Seagate 320GB 7200.10 SATA 3.0
Thermaltake Armor Black Tower case w/ 25 cm Fan
OCZ GameXtreme 600W PSU

Here are my awesome results:

resultsgh1.jpg

As usual I would appreciated comments and suggestions.

If you think I could easily go higher, tell me, and give me some suggestions as far as settings to try.

Thanks,
mawsoccer

Well, I have the most important voltages (the ones that I changed) in the excel pic above. I dont what and spp or mcp voltage is.

i'd say he is.... although the load temps seem a little low esp. at 1.45-1.50v

voltage/temps mostly. mine hits upper 50's with 1.425v. How accurate is that reading? i don't know but that's what the CoreTemp says & TAT is about the same.

Scar said:
voltage/temps mostly. mine hits upper 50's with 1.425v. How accurate is that reading? i don't know but that's what the CoreTemp says & TAT is about the same.

Upper 50s at load or idle.

It says on the spreadsheet screenshot.

As far as the idle and load vCore:

The idle vCore above can be seen in my bios hardware monitor or in CPUz, Speedfan, Core Temp, or any other program that can read vCore.

Same goes for the load vCore except obviously you cant see anything at load in the bios.

Whatever, there were numerous programs I used to verify the vCore at idle and load, and thats what I meant to emphasize.

If my bios says the same vCore as CPUz and Speed Fan at idle, how can they be wrong?

Back