• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First timer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shook

This is my first time oc'ing and I just uped my FSB to 140 from 133(2.53ghz) w/ stock hsf and I booted to windows fine. Can someone link me one of those programs that tests my PC at full load so I can be sure it is all okay.

btw, the default memory timmings were 2-3-3-6. Do I need to change the timmings too? or only change timmings when its not stable? Also, for the VCORE in BIOS, it was on DEFAULT (AUTO) 1.525. I should change it to (Manual) 1.525 for now right?

My current idle temps are: 33-34 Celcius (CPU) , 28 C (MB)

My full load before changing the FSB was around 45-52 C (CPU)

Thanks

If it is stable I would not bother raising voltage. You must be running a p4 because you could never get those temps with an AMD stock hsf. If it was at 52 C before the o/c I would definatly get better cooling.

yea 52c for a p4 is extremely hot, try out on of the new SLK800 U's they look like they get the job done

Auto vs. Manual won't make a difference when you haven't changed the voltage. Although I agree with Mark Larson, I would invest in good cooling. It will make or break any overclock down the road. Also, be sure to get some good case ventilation going.

ya im getting a new hsf soon. The odd thing is even when my fsb is 140 right now, the temps for idle/full load are the same.

Back