• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flags/Option Setting For Different CPU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah ... this and Gary's other thread should get stickied !!!!!

... or added to the welcome sticky along with lofty's guide

@ Gary,

Looking at the memory column on server status, every WU has a minimum memory requirement. Most are 64 MB with the highest active server at 300 MB minimum reportd memory.

ChasR said:
@ Gary,

Looking at the memory column on server status, every WU has a minimum memory requirement. Most are 64 MB with the highest active server at 300 MB minimum reportd memory.
oh ok, just never really ran it on something with less than 256 :shrug: lol

nikhsub1 said:
OK, sticky'd :beer: Now it is CERTAIN that no one will see it :D

Great :thup:

now we will need to get to some sticky consolidation :eek:

One thing I noticed in the original post is that the -forceSSE flag for AMD processors is no longer even supported and does nothing with the version 5 client. That flag came out during the version 4 client's lifetime because at the time, some AMD procs had trouble with using SSE on some Gromacs work; they would hard lock. Stanford was eventually able to duplicate the problem and worked with AMD to get around the problem. It actually ended up being listed by AMD as an errata for AXP processors and Stanford and AMD were able to figure an easy workaround for this errata. Once this was done, there was no need for the -forceSSE flag and it was done away with on the version 5 client.:beer:

You can add the flags to your command line after the fah command (example: fah6.exe -forceasm -verbosity 9). This can also be done in batch files, or in your registry if you are loading as a service. The options can be set in the client.cfg file in your FAH directory, open the file in your preferred text editor.

Im running the GUI. I surely remembered it being a lot easier than this. When I open that file in notepad there are just a billion special charactors, I cannot add anything in by hand.

IIRC, you right click on the icon in the system try while it's running. Select the flags options, and add them there. The client will reload your new initialization string (the "flags"), and add any it needs into your client.cfg, automatically.

It's been a while since I ran the GUI version, though.

Back