• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flash Gateway branded MCP61sm2ma with foxconn bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
just curious..got an emachines rig here w/a single core 4000+ @ 2.6ghz stock
MB is made by foxcon with emachines bios (its an emachines but cpu-z says its made by gateway and the pictures match - its exactly the same as the foxconn but has 2 memory slots instead of 4)

So do you guys think it would be safe to flash it to unlock the OCing features?
or would i just be making a pain for myself or possibly fryin the board lol

PS, i cant believe how CHEAP amd chips are..an x2 4400+ just sold for $20 shipped in the forums..if i were to get such i chip would i need a beafier cooler than stock?

somehow me quoting you came up before your post o_O

You might be asking for trouble trying to flash a BIOS that was not made for your board specifically, especially if it's on your main rig. M/B are pretty cheap and I would just replace the M/B with a budget O/C capable board. The 4400+ would need better cooling than the 4000+. This is just the way I would do it because I have made some real bad mistakes in my years of the hobby.

Just to let you know that Gateway (eMachines) board can be flashed with foxconn bios without issue.

Back