• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn BlackOps X48 Motherboard BIOS (LGA775)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bulletoftime

Hi guys -

I recently purchased a Foxconn BlackOps X48 motherboard on ebay for some retro LGA775 overclocking. I haven't received the board yet, but I know that it has an old BIOS on it (launch retail BIOS). Wondering if anyone on this forum has the latest BIOS for it. It was G43 I think (X48A01-7A3F1G43). Might have been released sometime in 2010. Would be very grateful if anyone has that BIOS file locked away somewhere or if you can extract it from your board. Thank you!

I highly doubt that anyone keeps a BIOS for so old motherboard. It also wasn't a popular model. Most of those used in tests were review samples or shared samples for extreme OC. I was playing with one on LN2. I also doubt there was a much newer BIOS as Shamino left Foxconn maybe 1 year later and he was the only person that was pushing OC products for Foxconn. When he left, Foxconn discontinued gaming/OC series motherboards.

I highly doubt that anyone keeps a BIOS for so old motherboard. It also wasn't a popular model. Most of those used in tests were review samples or shared samples for extreme OC. I was playing with one on LN2. I also doubt there was a much newer BIOS as Shamino left Foxconn maybe 1 year later and he was the only person that was pushing OC products for Foxconn. When he left, Foxconn discontinued gaming/OC series motherboards.
Thanks for the background - appreciate it. I found the latest non-beta BIOS (P07) on the web, and flashed it. Seems to work fine, although I haven't pushed the board too hard yet.

I did find that some memory ratio dividers don't work at all on it with some RAM....so definitely a temperamental board compared to a Rampage Extreme for example.

Back