• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flood of unwanted video cards at newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

Looks like amd finally managed to make a few 6700xt's. Apparently the world has collectively told them to go f themselves because they've been there all day selling at around $1000+. Hopefully everyone stays strong and lets these things collect dust until they go under $500

no thanks.jpg

Same thing with the 6800xt apparently LOL

hell naw.jpg

The 6700 XT has been in stock in the UK for some weeks now, for pretty much the same reason. The list price is close to 2x launch MSRP. I haven't seen any 6800 XT though.

There are some 3060s still listed as part of a parts bundle. The bundle price is comparable to 6700 XT price. Depending on bundle you get either 11700k or 5600X, so take that cost off... well, it's still bad but not as bad.

Edit: It is that bad after all. I had to look at the 3060 MSRP. If you take out the CPU retail price, the 3060 effective price is still close to 2x launch MSRP.

I knew about scalping but what bums me out is seeing these cards pop up at scalped prices immediately and direct from the egg or amazon. Apparently this is the price now. Bummer.

I think the fact they are in stock means lots of people are of the same opinion of at that price they are not worth it. Market forces will cause them to drop in price.

I also believe all the ones with $$$ have purchased their AMD/NVidia cards. I'd still take a AMD 6700xt over the 3060Ti when the prices get back ~ even $500 ea. NVidia will say that this was the greatest Series - as it was NOS until the release of the 4xxx series :-(

I knew about scalping but what bums me out is seeing these cards pop up at scalped prices immediately and direct from the egg or amazon. Apparently this is the price now. Bummer.
Those images show newegg is not the seller. Those are 3rd party sellers.

If you click on some cards and check other sellers newegg is also showing super high prices but out of stock or shuffle only. Like $1900 3080ti's and $2600 3090's. I do see some normal price ones as well that are mixed in though.

EDIT: The nvidias seem to have more regular price cards showing now but here's a good one for example

tempsnip.jpg

Maybe I just don't get it and the cards aren't as inflated as I thought but it seems like not that long ago the beefed up third party cards would charge maybe $50-$75 more than the base model and give you a better cooler with increased power delivery. It seems like they want hundreds more now for literally 1-2% better fps when all is said and done. Bizarro world.

its $140 above MSRP but doesn't sounds great. Unless that was for the combo then it would depend on what it is combo'd with.

Maybe I just don't get it and the cards aren't as inflated as I thought but it seems like not that long ago the beefed up third party cards would charge maybe $50-$75 more than the base model and give you a better cooler with increased power delivery. It seems like they want hundreds more now for literally 1-2% better fps when all is said and done. Bizarro world.

You're not crazy, the prices of all of the cards skyrocketed across the board. I was/am very luck to have purchased 3 cards for their initial MSRP versus practically double which is where they are now, directly from the sites/manufacturers.

Are Nvidia and AMD still charging the same prices to AIB's? Or have they inflated their prices to AIB's as well?

If Nvidia or AMD had increase their price to AIB I am sure we would have heard about it. They would waste no time letting us know it is not their fault prices are high.

An AIB 3080Ti in stock in UK. It's £1679. UK MSRP was £1049, so that's +60%. I guess the gap is closing somewhat? A member of my family managed to get a 3090 FE for £1400 recently though.

3060 also in stock starting £467. UK MSRP £299, putting that at +56%.

I know MSRP doesn't apply to all cards, with AIB cards normally expected to be more, but it remains the only point of reference we have to where things could be.

On AMD side:
6700 XT from £715 vs £419 MSRP (+70%)
6900 XT from £1700 vs £1100 MSRP (+54%)

Yesterday EVGA EU sent me an email that I'm still in the queue for RTX3070 but the PN already changed and I was moved to the new queue. What makes me laugh is that I registered in Nov last year and I forgot about it. I know that many OCF members had to wait about 3-4 weeks for their EVGA cards. This is how the EVGA EU store works compared to the US store ;)

I see that the prices of RTX3060, RX6700XT, and RTX3070Ti are going down. All older models which are "good" for mining, are still expensive. Usually, low series or models that are not selling well are getting cheaper.

Pretty sure most here have waited for months in the EVGA queue as well. If you didn't get in early, then the list was seemingly months long. :(

Hopefully we'll see that time shrink now!

I look back and at first regretted when I got my Asus TUF RX6800 OC for $1k CAD after taxes back on Jan 6th 2021. thinking i paid too much (needed a new vid card as my RX580 died)....but now I look back and think, thank god I grabbed it when I did!

Pretty sure most here have waited for months in the EVGA queue as well. If you didn't get in early, then the list was seemingly months long. :(

Hopefully we'll see that time shrink now!

I made the mistake of getting in the queue for one of the cheaper (no backplate) ones. But EVGA pretty much is only manufacturing the more expensive models so I'll likely never get one. In 6 months the queue hasn't moved at all and even though they moved me to the LHR version queue, I still doubt they'll bother manufacturing the cheaper variants.

Yesterday EVGA EU sent me an email that I'm still in the queue for RTX3070 but the PN already changed and I was moved to the new queue. What makes me laugh is that I registered in Nov last year and I forgot about it. I know that many OCF members had to wait about 3-4 weeks for their EVGA cards. This is how the EVGA EU store works compared to the US store ;)

I see that the prices of RTX3060, RX6700XT, and RTX3070Ti are going down. All older models which are "good" for mining, are still expensive. Usually, low series or models that are not selling well are getting cheaper.

I've been in the NA queue for a 3080 XC3 Black since Nov '20. The last reported notification was from a user who entered on 10/29/2020. I doubt they will ever fulfill even a small percentage of the prospective buyers' requests.

I spammed F5 trying to enter the 3080 ti FTW3 Ultra on launch day(6/3/21) as an Elite member. I finally got in at 8:32:00. The last reported timestamp is 7:44:37 after roughly 1 month. If this card continues at this pace I should get my notify in another 6-8 weeks. I will probably no longer be interested in the card as I could likely drive to the Microcenter 45 mins away and buy one off the shelf.

I've been in the NA queue for a 3080 XC3 Black since Nov '20. The last reported notification was from a user who entered on 10/29/2020. I doubt they will ever fulfill even a small percentage of the prospective buyers' requests.

I spammed F5 trying to enter the 3080 ti FTW3 Ultra on launch day(6/3/21) as an Elite member. I finally got in at 8:32:00. The last reported timestamp is 7:44:37 after roughly 1 month. If this card continues at this pace I should get my notify in another 6-8 weeks. I will probably no longer be interested in the card as I could likely drive to the Microcenter 45 mins away and buy one off the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Wait what? MC has them in stock? Or are you predicting they will? I'll be heading right down to mine if they have any of these gems in stock...

Back