• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flood of unwanted video cards at newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So what R U going to do Brando? Rent a botnet to buy a card? Or buy off a scalper?

Probably something off amazon, newegg, walmart, or bestbuy with a solid warranty. I'm going to wait a bit longer to see if prices go down any more. It seems like they're kind of staying where they are but I hope I'm wrong. If it doesn't get better within a week I'm guessing it's going to be what it's going to be for awhile and I may as well get the best price I can and sell my old card for as much as possible to a miner. Still hoping I can get a 3080ti ftw3 for msrp since they've been popping up quite a bit on amazon and disappearing instantly.

If you are super persistent you can snag one at retail. I have done it a few times.

I feel Amazon is a lost cause tho.

I had cards from bestbuy in checkout 3 times today but the email verification never got to me even after telling it to resend multiple times. Even if I'm at the right place at the right time and fast enough to get one something goes wrong with the website somehow. It's the weirdest thing. I have no idea how people are getting cards when they can't even be checked out when in stock.

@Brando

What kind of overclocks do you get out of your 2080ti with the Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme IV?

I think it sits around 2050 in game on average if I remember correctly. I have it at +155 core and +900 memory.

EDIT: I had to refresh my memory. For some reason iirc it runs over 2000 in lower resolutions but in 4k intense graphics it does mid 1900's core speed.

It is a shame that things are the way they are now. I have all but given up on getting a 3080 or 3090. I got "in line" on several "waiting lists" in november, and have still got nothing. Yet others seem to get all of the offerings. I suppose it does not really matter. My 1080ti is still performing just fine. My money will stay in my pockets until all of these games stop. No sweat off my back.

My 1080ti doesn't do too well in Remedy's Control even at 1080p upscaled to my native res of 1440p. 60 FPS when particles and smoke are flying in combat doesn't ever happen and the lag can be noticeable, even with Gsync.

I just want to know if any real people are getting cards at msrp through stock alerts. I've been at it since yesterday and they literally disappear faster than you can load the page to buy them. At this point if I was getting paid for my time that I wasted trying to get a card at normal price I could have paid the difference for an over priced one. The only thing stopping me is that I don't want them to win. It will probably cost me about the same either way since if I wait for cards to come back to normal price my old card won't be worth as much and I'll just lose the money that way and in the mean time won't have a new card. I just really hate the way it's all going and the power of spite is strong.

The drought is pretty much OVER here in Europe. Cards are in stock in most electronic stores... Prices are starting to come back down... I'm still kinda on the fence about selling my 2060 Super and getting a 3060 12GB instead.

But I posted a bunch of photos of cards on the shelf on the other thread Every card you can imagine... even the ATI cards.

If I was really in the market (like I was before I got my 2060) then I'd already have one.

So I'm guessing you'll start to see the shelves of Brandonia fill up soon too. Best Buy, Micro Center, etc...

The drought is pretty much OVER here in Europe. Cards are in stock in most electronic stores... Prices are starting to come back down... I'm still kinda on the fence about selling my 2060 Super and getting a 3060 12GB instead.

But I posted a bunch of photos of cards on the shelf on the other thread Every card you can imagine... even the ATI cards.

If I was really in the market (like I was before I got my 2060) then I'd already have one.

So I'm guessing you'll start to see the shelves of Brandonia fill up soon too. Best Buy, Micro Center, etc...

The cards have been popping up pretty frequently on stock alerts. There has to be an end to people that want 2000 dollar video cards at some point. Hopefully we're not far behind you on stock levels.

In UK, I've passed on some opportunities on buying a 3080 for close to 3080 Ti FE MSRP. They come in and go out of stock, and stick around long enough for me to see it in stock without aggressive checking. 3080Ti are now consistently available, but they're typically >30% over FE MSRP. Lower end cards seem to be be consistent also. 3070 and below has options, but again pricing is above where many would like. I don't expect better AIB models to go for FE pricing, but the gap is still pretty big.

Hopefully with the possible release of AMD's RX-6600xt I may get a RT card :) Almost everyone wants a nvidia card so I may be able to snag this card? I have not heard about AMD putting a software lock on mining like Nvidia has done so I don't know. If I can get a $375 card for $500.. Maybe or just keep my $$ a wait until the holidays. Where to buy -> Best Buy, Newegg, ect? Do we have a possible review of this card coming?

I ended up ordering a 3080ti ftw3 from amazon for $1875. I'm not proud of myself but it doesn't look like it's going to get cheaper as fast as I hoped. At least I can probably get an inflated amount for my old card since it's not gimped for mining like the new cards. I got it from an authorized reseller so I can step up to a 3090 ftw3 ultra for about 20 bucks if I feel like it and at least sort of feel like I got something for the extra cost. I guess I'm weak but I tried hard for days to get one at msrp watching stock alerts and I never got close. Oh well, spilt milk. If I step up to a 3090 I can mine to get my money back LOL :cry:

I would have sold you mine (non LHR) for twice what I paid and you still would have saved $375....:shock:

Not a Ti tho, so your closer to a 3090 with that GPU....

I would have sold you mine (non LHR) for twice what I paid and you still would have saved $375....:shock:

Not a Ti tho, so your closer to a 3090 with that GPU....

Thanks. I know it was a bad investment but I'm bored and want my fps. I'll be fine. If I didn't have something I could sell for more than I paid for it to help make up the difference I probably wouldn't have done it. I definitely don't recommend this to anyone.

I wonder what the time between drops in the UK is. Might be a week or so since the last time more GPUs got listed. There are few nvidia cards available right now anywhere in the stack, and not surprisingly it is those at higher pricing that remains. It might be a week or two ago they happened to get a good shipment hence the mini-flood, but it is currently dry once again.

AMD side has their problems too. 6700XT and 6900XT are both plentiful but stupidly priced. 6800XT sweet spot there's a few options that suck less in that they cost about the same as a cheaper 3080 when they were available. Will be interesting to see what street pricing we really get on 6600XT and if that will make any dent in things at all.

I wonder what the time between drops in the UK is. Might be a week or so since the last time more GPUs got listed. There are few nvidia cards available right now anywhere in the stack, and not surprisingly it is those at higher pricing that remains. It might be a week or two ago they happened to get a good shipment hence the mini-flood, but it is currently dry once again.

AMD side has their problems too. 6700XT and 6900XT are both plentiful but stupidly priced. 6800XT sweet spot there's a few options that suck less in that they cost about the same as a cheaper 3080 when they were available. Will be interesting to see what street pricing we really get on 6600XT and if that will make any dent in things at all.

If you're in the UK... why not just order them from the EU? Like Ireland or something. Or even here in Germany. We've got tons of cards...

If I wanted (and if I didn't have such a stressful morning...) I could order any video card I want right now. NVIDIA, AMD, whatever...

Thanks. I know it was a bad investment but I'm bored and want my fps. I'll be fine. If I didn't have something I could sell for more than I paid for it to help make up the difference I probably wouldn't have done it. I definitely don't recommend this to anyone.
You did OK...the 3080 TI performs like a 3090. If I still didn't have one I might be desperate also.:grouphug:

The way things are it might turn out to be a pretty good investment. :thup:

You did OK...the 3080 TI performs like a 3090. If I still didn't have one I might be desperate also.:grouphug:

Video cards as an investment, sad. This is what we've been reduced to. It might be a good idea for me to give up on videogaming forever -- especially at these ludicrous prices.

Video cards as an investment, sad. This is what we've been reduced to. It might be a good idea for me to give up on videogaming forever -- especially at these ludicrous prices.
The shortages across the board are caused by so many variables I understand the frustration.

Ive been lucky to have 3 3080s (2 from evga wait-list that I signed up on day 1 for).

Thanks man :) I appreciate it. I got bent over a barrel but I will enjoy the product. I've had things come up that cost me money I didn't want to spend in the past like surprise dental bills and car repairs. I'm still alive but it'll sting for a bit.

Back