• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folder/file date and time stamp history Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuckDodgers

Here’s the scenario. I do a Data Mine every Wednesday of all the students in our school district. I then run a batch file that imports that data to a 3rd party vendor we use for our library system. Yesterday I ran my batch file, within minutes I was getting calls that all the student data was incorrect and entire grades were missing. Upon further investigation I found that someone had changed one of the data files names and changed a command in the batch file. I have a pretty good idea who did it, but need to see if there is a time and date stamp history for the change. I have googled the heck out of this and have yet to find any in-depth information. Do files and folders have a T&D history for more than the last modification? And if so how could I go about accessing that information?

Thanks!

I think you're out of luck. You can probably reference the event log with logon events of users and narrow it down that way, but you won't be able to see who accessed a particular file or folder.

Sounds like a good opportunity to enforce some more strict security policies around stuff like this that you don't want people touching. :)

Yes I agree on the security. Unfortunately I think it was an employee that retired a few weeks ago and needed to have access to some of their documents for internal billing purposes and were granted access for that purpose. They did not have Admin rights at the time, however another employee did and the suspicion is that this employee allowed access to their computer or was an accomplice to this issue.

Back