• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding Farm pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LZ, something is clearly wrong. That's a pretty sweet farm, but why does your sig say your PPD avg is 0?

LZ, Nice!
Is that a bean bag chair I spy in the man cave?

It's a big memory foam blob chair and the thing probably weighs 80 lbs. You could probably smother a hippo with it.

LZ, something is clearly wrong. That's a pretty sweet farm, but why does your sig say your PPD avg is 0?

Because it currently is! They all have the old GPU Tracker v2 on them and I've been too lazy to get them all switched over to v7 since the weather cooled off :chair:

I know :chair: Will be in Sandestin this weekend so I'll probably have to remain in the T32 penalty box till next weekend

That looks like 1/8 of what you could be folding on. Seriously, even if its only 2k PPD/cpu go do it already!

Congrats on the new rig Nathan :thup:

But details man, we need details.....;)

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS mobo £369
2 E5-2665 Spicy edition cpu's @ 2.3Ghz £440
Currently 2x2 Gskill 1600 (Low Voltage corsair is on order) £94
AX 750 PSU £106
Asus GTS 250 gpu - not for folding, HD5450 is on order £19
Stock intel lga 2011 coolers £24
Aero Cool BX500 case £65
Samsung 40Gb HDD. already had

Total cost will be £1117 + £108 shipping
260w from the wall, Current tpf on an 8101 is 22:30 giving 167k PPD.

I'm hoping that the switch to quad channel will shave even more off the tpf

Its been built on a budget to replace 2 dual L5640 rigs that between them get 65k PPD using over 400w between them

260w from the wall at the moment but the goal is to get it to 250w if i can, the 5450 will help as it only uses 20w.

What would i do differently next time, get a bigger case, the aero cool is easily capable of taking a SSI EEB board but cable management sucks and all the fans have orange LEDs in them that won't switch off. wifey says the thing has more lights than heathrow airport:rofl:
Not use ubuntu v12.10 - unity interface sucks, i'll stick to v10.10 or use a different distro.
Faster CPU's, The 2665's are quick, but the original goal was E5-2670's or 80's
Read up on the board more 1st - getting it to run at full speed took a day of tweaking of the power saving features - even now turbo is still disabled until i have more fiddling time tomorrow

Future plan's. Well the mobo has 7 x PCIe x16 slots, so depending on what happens with qrb i could add some gpu love.
Maybe replace the board with a server version and use the current one in my daily driver.
Keep an eye out for faster CPU's
Duplicate and replace my dual x5670 machine??:cool:

Back