• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding no display??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crewdog6969

Registered
My comp has stopped showing the display for my tbird rig. When I click to pull up the folding display it opens the window but gives no display just my background behind it. Just before this happened my kid was getting ready to watch a dvd and it crashed. While trying to ctrl alt delete my monitor shut off. When I rebooted the monitor came on for post and some windows load then just as the desktop was coming up my monitor would kick off. I reinstalled windows (98 1st) then my vid card.. Lost 30 some work units reinstalling the fold program. Plus a remove and reistall of the program. Loaded my monitor drivers instead of XP defaults Still I cant get folding to display. Dont know if its running? The icon is in the tray. Anyone have any ideas short of a format and reinstall?? Evrything else seams to be running. I still think somethings up with my display drivers but not sure what.. The kyro drivers been running stable since I bought the card.

Who said it was a perfectly good airplane?
Shut Up And Jump!
Crewdog6969 <<<skydiving term...not a gangster
networked to amd thunderbird 1.4 Bcore msi k7t turbo2
640 pc133 ram hercules 64ddr 4500
Both folding away for team 32

you got it. updating driver might help but minimized like it is now fold much faster. there is two easy ways to tell if it's running press ctrl+alt+del once to see winFAH & core_65 is on the list the other way is to check cpu load if it's 100% it's running. if your wanting to see what is going on use electron microscope or fold monitor you might even want to switch to the text only client and get hideit or trayit. :beer: by the way I have just switched to electron microscope from fold monitor b/c it's inaccurate with the newer proteins.

Electron Microscope III no need to use trayit or hideit

I usually run it minimized. I also dont run the screensaver. I just have my monitors shut down after abit. Either way I only look in Am and PM to see what I have got done. My problem looks like a corrupted directX. Still dont know how it caused my monitor to turn off. Got it all back up and running. And its running faster then before!!! Just have to get the new core_65 for it.

Who said it was a perfectly good airplane?
Shut Up And Jump!
Crewdog6969 <<<skydiving term...not a gangster
networked to amd thunderbird 1.4@1540 Bcore msi k7t turbo2
640 pc133 ram hercules 64ddr 4500
Both folding away for team 32

Back